Notices

Back again.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again.

I quit drinking a year ago and it lasted 4 months. I was doing so well that I tricked myself into believing I could moderate. I moved out of a big city to a smaller town and I thought by changing my environment I changed myself and I could enjoy a couple drinks normally. The last few months my drinking of course has become more frequent and heavier. I went to a friend's house last night for cards and wine and don't even remember leaving. I was awful to my boyfriend and he said I embarrassed myself and him. I'm so upset I've let myself come back to this place, and even more mad at myself for being so stupid that I thought I had changed. I've read stories on this site over and over that people don't change, we cannot moderate. So anyway, I am back here day 1. I have to work today and I feel that is the only thing that kept me from drinking today. I was very close to stopping somewhere for a mimosa or something to kill my anxiety. Going to suffer through the hard couple days after a bad night, and get back to my sobriety. Thanks for listening.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back Lucie!!

What do you use for support as you haven't posted on SR since last Oct, that 4 month mark you mentioned?

For me I needed support in both the good times and the bad times, keep me focused on the task at hand, because those thoughts that my addiction also tried to sell me sounded soo sensible in isolation, without a second opinion on things!!

Tweak your plan and go at things again, you can do this!!
Old 07-19-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you purple knight. I went to a few AA meetings before but they never seemed to help me. I'm going to try again tomorrow night. It can't hurt to try again. My boyfriend is very supportive and said he's not going to drink anymore either, (he's not a drinker anyway). We're going to focus on exercise and eating healthy. Those things definitely keep me on track. I'm in school full time and work 2 jobs so I've been slacking on both those things. I found time to drink though! Going to make them a priority now. Any advice is welcome
Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Welcome back Lucie!!

What do you use for support as you haven't posted on SR since last Oct, that 4 month mark you mentioned?

For me I needed support in both the good times and the bad times, keep me focused on the task at hand, because those thoughts that my addiction also tried to sell me sounded soo sensible in isolation, without a second opinion on things!!

Tweak your plan and go at things again, you can do this!!
Old 07-19-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! Glad you're trying again.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Welcome back! Glad you're trying again.
Thank you
Old 07-19-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk Lucie
Old 07-19-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

Good you are back. Keep posting and try to read as much as you can.