Verbally Attacked

Old 07-16-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Verbally Attacked

ABF just called me to me that i hurt his feelings because i was so harsh about how i told him i felt the landlord has every right to evict him. This was the first time he has just out right just verbally attacked me regarding madness. Said am his woman and i need to stand by him even when he is wrong. I told him thats madness in a very calm voice and that we will hve to agree to disagree smh.
Of course this made him furious. I stayed calm. I then told him that i dont trust you and dont know what to believe. But what i do know is wrong is wrong and right is right. I am gonna speak on it when it happens. So its probably best that you not involve me in anything that involves behavior or thinking that is skewed.

He then said I can tell you the truth in front of my child even. The truth is i drank up my paychecks for the last 3 months. ( to myself i thought how the hell does a person do that wow). He said what do you have to say about that. I told him well i still love you but your actions are not acceptable and I dont need or have to be around you when your like this. I let him go on the phone. I was calm not all worked didnt start cryin. I actually just came here to share what happened. Am so glad that i have found this place. Its a safe spot to share my feelings.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have actually been subjected and bore witness to extreme form's of verbal abuse for the majority my life I had forgotten. About as extreme as I can imagine it gets. And certainly it is very, very damaging.

I hold little stock in words as a result, especially non-fantastic ones. That type of abuse elicits a fight or flight response for certain (and eventually the self destruct button ime) so hopefully it was a once off.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to stand your ground with him. He has no right to tell you what you should do or define what's right and wrong for you. My XAGF used to berate me and insist that I stand up for her reckless behavior, too. You did the right thing by standing up to him and coming here.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Next time don't answer.....
Old 07-16-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You did great I agree with above-no reason to have any contact until HE figures himself out.