Notices

day 6

Old 07-16-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 6

Just woke up an boy do I have a headache.. I didn't sleep to well also.. And last night I couldn't stop eating an drinking water. I must of ate everything in my fridge. Has anyone else eexperienced these symptomsafter quitting?
Old 07-16-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 6 Toni yes this is very common in early sobriety

Hope your headache passes soon
Old 07-16-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, and many more ... it wasn't pretty for me getting Clean and Sober ...
... but it was much better than continuing in the Desperately Hideous condition I was getting Clean and Sober from.

Stay with it tonisherrell ... it is soooo worth it, when the MIRACLE of FREEDOM happens.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2
Old 07-16-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Originally Posted by tonisherrell View Post
Just woke up an boy do I have a headache.. I didn't sleep to well also.. And last night I couldn't stop eating an drinking water. I must of ate everything in my fridge. Has anyone else eexperienced these symptomsafter quitting?
The first week I always had all sorts of weird symptoms as my body started to detox and try to come back to some sort of new equilibrium. Sinus headaches, tummy aches, sweats, constipation,etc.

Were you also a heavy coffee / tea / soda drinker? A lot of people get headaches from caffeine withdrawal. Maybe have a piece of chocolate?
Old 07-16-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah, I suffered from headaches and a vast assortment of other symptoms the first few weeks. It does get better, I promise. If you end up feeling too bad, or are on the brink of returning to drinking, check up with a doctor. They can help make you comfortable. Keep powering through. You can put this first week behind you and never have to experience it again.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day 6, toni. And, yes, to repeat what others have said--headaches and an active and very random appetite are very common early side effects. I tried not to stress myself out too badly about what I was eating early on this time. If my body and mind were craving it and it didn't contain alcohol, I figured there must be something in that food/drink that I needed so I indulged myself. That feeling has tapered off over the last month and I'm mostly back to eating healthy. Still get those ice cream attacks about once a week though. Beats the heck out of booze attacks.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 6 is fantastic Toni!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-16-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Nice work - 6 days is great.

I definitely had a headache the first week or so - and sleeplessness for a while. Everything got better though. We need time to heal. Glad you are with us, Toni.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 6 - Well done you.

That first week is a heck of a struggle and you have hopefully nailed the worst of it. I told myself I could do what I liked, eat what I like, sleep whenever I liked, scream and shout, anything so long as I didn't pick up a drink.

This is a big deal - and by the sounds of it you are doing great - keep posting and here's hoping you feel a bit better soon.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We'll done! Ya we a abused and dehydrated our bodies so it's probably just trying to regain your strength.