Feeling Depressed

Old 07-15-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Depressed

I don't know if this the right place to post this but I found myself coming to this site many times throughout the day for support an strength. I can feel my mood going to that dark place. It's a struggle to get out of my bed. All I can think about is how I don't want to be around my ABF bc he is in such a negative place right now. But then I also want to be around him this is so emotionally twisted. What's wrong with me I want to let him go but I can't. I have another Alnon meeting tonight plus I meet with my therapist tomorrow morning. Sorry for sharing it's just that I feel so lost right now and scare. Scared bc I want to tell him ABF I need space to myself but I know I won't follow through I think. Does this post even make sense smh. God give me strength please I beg you.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling so depressed. It sounds like Al-anon and therapy have given you a lot to think about, maybe in conflict with your old ways of thinking. Nothing has to be done this minute, but eventually you'll get to the point where everything is clear. Give yourself some space to sort everything out in your head, and while you're doing that you can take some practical steps on finance and ways to move if that's what you want.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't apologize. Get all that gunk OUT

I stuffed it all down so well for 45 years that I almost lost my mind.
Al anon, therapy are great, that's two legs of the stool. Third is medical, twelve steps and couch time are great but they won't fix a chemical imbalance -, check the medical side to rule that in or out and if you need antidepressants then take them.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your post makes total sense to me. Been there! The best thing I ever did was reach out for support, suggestions, and fellowship.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I totally get it. The last six months of my relationship was a depressive spiral for me. Three months out I realized I've probably been depressed for years and tending to his needs over my own led to a major decline in my mental health. Take care of yourself! I think therapy would be very helpful for you.