Notices

Still somewhat sober

Old 07-14-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still somewhat sober

Well I was doing great for a while, but for the last few weeks I started having a few beers every Friday. About three or four beers every Friday after work.
I don't know why , maybe stress at work? I just want to be done with drinking completely. Maybe it's my av trying to coveince me that I am cured.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

A few beers never stayed a few beers for long with me.

Have you thought about what you might do instead this Friday, Dan?

D
Old 07-14-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Dan258 View Post
Maybe it's my av trying to coveince me that I am cured.
Well, if you are drinking, it looks like your AV succeeded.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can get sober again for real. Those "few beers" will escalate and you'll be right back where you started.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep, been there and done that, countless of times. What puzzles me is the fact that you said you wanted to be done with drinking. See, that's the mental inventory we all have to take and to make that committment. It sounds to me that maybe, just maybe you want to continue drinking like everyone else. If you are a problem drinker though, it won't last. Before you know it you will be back where you started. I assume it was bad otherwise you wouldn't be on here. Please do that mental exercise again and ask yourself if you really want to quit drinking. I found out that many, many times I said and thought I wanted to quit drinking. But somehow I kept going to bars and to buy alcohol to take home. I.e. I didn't really want to give up. After I got sick and tired of the drinking enough it finally clicked. I hope you can find the same peace. Best of luck to you.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Problem for me is that I never knew when that "somewhat" was going to disappear from me being somewhat sober. I might go for ten or more days at a time only having two or three drinks per drinking session but I never knew when it was going to be one of those nights where I drank the whole bottle and then went back for more. Once I took that first drink, I never knew how the rest of my day/night was going to go. So part of the solution for me today is to repeat and live the mantra that I never have to take that first drink no matter what.

Wishing you the best. Hope you decide to give a sober life another try. This is a better way of life for an addict like me.