Notices

found can of beer in fridge

Old 07-14-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking found can of beer in fridge

So I completely forgot about that one 24oz can of beer way in the back of my fridge. I had it since last week when I was tapering off to advoid bad withdrawals. I keep the can in there incase I had bad symptoms an needed to call them. I know its only one can but that one can is starting to call my name. Plus I'm on day 4 of absolutely no alcohol so I think I'mpast the worst of wwithdrawals I don't think iI would need that beer for an emergency withdrawal symptom at this point. I'll just pour it out... Yes I'll pour it out.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes pour it away it away Toni and feel good your making a wise decision

Good job
Old 07-14-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's been four minutes. Have you poured it out yet?

Congrats on day four.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stand and Be True

Show it who's boss, Toni.

You've got this
Old 07-14-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I used to love finding beer hiding in the fridge when I was drinking, it was like finding gold, sad days.

Get rid of it and make yourself a smoothie or something and congrats on day 4.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

has this beer been poured out or not?
Good luck mate, and well done on Day 4
Old 07-14-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

4 years sober and i bet i could still find an old beer can in the yard somewhere.... heck i foudn an empty pack of smokes in the garage the other day! and its been 3 years.

I held on to 18 beers when i got sober for about the first year. i was afaid i might need them. ::facepalm:: but I also think it made me stronger having them sit there and saying no to them all the time. I eventually let my brother drink them down and that was that. 2 years in or so I poured my buckets of wine that i had made. I think there is now no more booze left in my house.. but for some reason i think there is a stray bottle of apple jack somewhere.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
quat

Congrats on four days, you are alcohol free. How hard was it to get those four all that lead up to them? It's rhetoric, I remember. And now being on the other side of the four, that's hard to do, you should be very proud. I was of myself , I know what it means.
The work now is to stay here on this side of drinking , the being quit side. You can and I'm rooting for ya. Pout it out , throw/give it away whatever, just don't let anything convince you that one can is worth bringing all the crap back. It's not a beer can , it's a crap can toss it. You got this
Old 07-14-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Ya know, once I quit it did not matter. I had a few left over beers in my fridge for a very long time. I have a few recipes that use beer. The alcohol is cooked off, and sponsor said no problem.

I figure if I want to drink, I will. The decision was made - I was done.
Maybe this would be fool hearty for someone struggling, but it really had no effect on me at all. I accepted I was an alcoholic and could not drink.

Dump it or not.
Just don't drink it........
Old 07-14-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The case of the lone beer! What is its status, location... is it still a threat? It can not be left unguarded, it needs to be destroyed! This mystery needs to be solved asap! I see an idea for a screenplay shaping up.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is it gone?

D
Old 07-14-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Cool

Sorry everyon about the delay. I got really busy had to occupy myself so iIdecided to braid my daughters hair an clean the house etc . an yes the beer has been poured out.. It was a little hard but Ireally ddon't have any strong cravings at this point. Maybe its all the grape juice I've been drinking lol.. Also I hhaven't been stressed out either lately just trying to stay calm an relaxed as possible. But I need to make a plan asap of how iIwill deal with stress when it comes.. But thanks eeveryone I will be on day 5 tomorrow.. Gn all..
Old 07-14-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nice work Toni. I think you are right on the money with your comment about needing to find ways to better deal with stress. That's really the key to sobriety...finding ways to face life and cope in constructive, healthy ways.

Exercise, breathing, meditation, music, relaxation or just leaving the room for a minute to collect your thoughts are some ways to deal with stress..there are others too of course, hope you can find some that work for you.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 07-14-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on pouring out the beer, toni! Talk to you tomorrow.