I really want to move to another city ASAP.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really want to move to another city ASAP.

But I can't at least until I finish college.
It's just so sickening that everytime I'm feeling vulnerable
I have to ran into him on the streets (exabf)
He was harassing me yet I saw him just an hour ago with another girl and she was way more beautiful than me.

I remembered one of his texts, wich said that he'd lost many great chances with other girls because of me. And all I could think of was that he wanted me back just because he thought he couldn't do any better.

I am sorry, I know this all sounds really awful, but I feel like the biggest idiot on earth today.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Aw, I have been there. Can you do something nice for yourself today?
Old 07-11-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Timetoheal,
I'm having a down day too. You are not alone. Please be gentle with yourself. Beauty is only skin deep. You are beautiful! Please do not let this man stop seeing that.
Jaeger
Old 07-11-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel your pain today also.....had to run to Home Depot today a prayed the whole time I wouldn't run into him.... Ugh!!! And yes, beauty is only skin deep. I am sure you are stunning.... Be kind to you for the remainder of the day!!
Old 07-11-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have a gut feeling that there is a
special someone somewhere's out
there waiting for you and will be more
deserving of YOU.

Stick to your plan to finish college because
that is super important. Focus and finish.
Then be ready for more wonderful exciting
opportunities in all areas of your life to happen.

First Things First..!!!
Old 07-11-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here's what I've learned: a jerk is a jerk is a jerk.

There is not a single reason to believe that he is all of a sudden a different person with another girl than he is or was with you, except to reinforce some idea that you have about yourself that you are somehow less than worthy or deserving of a healthy relationship.

He is the same person no matter who he is hanging out with.

You wanted better than that, and moreover, you deserve better than that. He isn't magically better with someone else. He is just with someone else.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know how it feels, but moving cities won't rush the healing of your heart. If that were the case, I would have moved long ago!

Please try and surround yourself with people who love you and can help you through this time. Shift the focus on being kind to yourself and stop worrying about what he is or isn't doing or thinking...it will drive you crazy. I used to do it too and the pain did not subside.

I always say this-know your worth. I say it to DD7 all the time because I never want her to forget how valuable she is and just because someone doesn't realize what he has in you...does not mean you aren't worth it.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You're assuming an awful lot, considering you just happened to see him in the company of a female. (a) That he's dating her. (b) That they are happy together. (c) That whatever may be going on between them--if anything--has anything whatsoever to do with you.

I know it FEELS like everything this guy does is designed to make you feel bad, but with the exception of his contacting you and actually saying things to make you feel bad, chances are good that a large proportion of the time he is just living his life.

You need to be living yours. Moving away isn't the answer to your biggest problems. You have good reasons to stay put right now. After you graduate you can do what you like, which might include moving to a different place. But you have to keep in mind that moving brings its own separate set of problems--finding a job to support yourself, finding a good place to live, making new friends, etc.

You can get through this where you are now.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
Timetoheal,
I'm having a down day too. You are not alone. Please be gentle with yourself. Beauty is only skin deep. You are beautiful! Please do not let this man stop seeing that.
Jaeger
So I just came back to this.....it was supposed to say please do not let this keep YOU from seeing that!
Old 07-11-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I only said she was prettier than me because that's how I saw it. My mom saw her too and thought the same.

I know he is living his life.
I am just here feeling horrible about myself and I dunno, this is somehow what always happens to me, they always go after prettier girls.

I assumed they were dating because they were holding hands.

Thanks everyone for the responses.
I just feel very low and stupid today.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm sorry.
but here's the thing...you left an alcoholic jerk (or if he left you it was because he could no longer fool you...still you're the winner). You love yourself enough to have standards and you're on this site which says he didn't fit those standards.
A lot of very beautiful women are broken...and of course some arent. This woman may tolerate a lot. That's not attractive and it's not the path to happiness.