Notices

I don't know what's wrong w me.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't know what's wrong w me.

Yeah I'm like all over the place mentally......I'm still fighting w the dentist......I'm trying to resign myself to the fact that I'm gonna have to get braces.....and I'm gonna have to pay for them.....it's so annoying. Maybe that's why I was drinking. I used to have dreams that all my teeth fell out. I'll be glad when I get this problem solved.
So yeah I was drinking last night.....I made myself sick.....I actually threw up......this morning .....like 4 times. That's a new routine. My receptors are all alight.......I flooded myself.....silly girl. Anyway I was at day 10.....or 11.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear that you drank Debbie. Are you seeking any local support like meetings or perhaps an A/D counselor? Could you consider joining a daily thread here? Sounds like you need some more structure to your plan perhaps..can we help?
Old 07-10-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Meetings are a good idea and also having a plan helps
Old 07-10-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Debbie, I'm sorry you're struggling. Remember that you are worth the hard work involved with getting sober.

I hope you continue to make use of SR as part of your recovery program.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Debbie, well the drinking part is a bummer, especially the getting sick part. Sorry to hear that. Why is getting braces bothering you? I understand not wanting to pay for it, but braces are no big deal. I think they have ones now where you can hardly see them.
When I was drinking a lot, I used to have these horrible dreams that my teeth were falling out, it was truly frightening because they were so vivid. I'm sure you probably not feeling too well, but don't drink just for today, sound good?
Old 07-10-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't do meetings......I'm thinking about group therapy ....... And I have a psychiatrist who is very helpful. I just read.....blackout.....by Sarah Hepola......I'm focused on stopping to drink.....it was the perfect day for a beer yesterday......it was really hot out.......my coping skills leave a lot to be desired.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes...I agree that I am worth the effort......I'll keep trying till I get it right
Old 07-10-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The braces are pissing me off.....they are 6000....and I have to get them because my dentist screwed my teeth up.......he really did......this has been going on for years and I'm finally determined to fix this issue. I'm really sensitive about my teeth....causes me a lot of stress.......my teeth moved because the dentist put an implant crown in and it was too tight. It's almost heartbreaking....well it is actually.....because I have spent years fixing my teeth.....after I was neglected as a child.....and it brings up acoa issues.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Do you live near a major city? Sometimes you can have dental work done at a dental school for a reduced price. Also, some dentists offer reduced prices for those without insurance. If you google "low cost dental" maybe there is a clinic in your area with reduced pricing.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the ideas AF.....there is a dental clinic but I wouldn't trust them. I'm just going to have to pay....I feel like I'm always cleaning up after people. And I do. This dentist assumes no responsibility.....I just don't get people...why are they like that. They just do not care. I didn't have the money to do this sooner and I still don't have the money but I'm gonna find it.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm actually managing this problem ok.....considering that I've had real meltdowns about it......just crying fits......so I'm not crying..but I am very unhappy.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't know why I said I don't know what's wrong with me cause it appears I do.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The dental issue and the picking up a drink issue are in fact two different issues...but I think you know that. I'm quite certain you can shore yourself up the resources to get the dental thing resolved.

It the "using it as an excuse to drink thing" which is the larger issue. I believe it's called a low frustration tolerance. And yep, I got that issue too...in spades.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I get my work done at a dental school - it's not like they let them run loose with the drill...every step is scrutinised by a professional dentist.

I've never had braces tho and I do understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I hope once you get the work done you'll feel better about yourself - that's probably worth a few thousand in itself, yeah?

D
Old 07-10-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Count your blessings Debbie. You have teeth to put braces on !

No one told me in my younger days that smoking will make your teeth fall out !

They did fall out. One by one. Now...all gone ! I just "Gum it".

Mashed potatoes and grits gets old, real quick...but I get by.

Dentures...5000.00 US. Implants...15,000.00 US. You do the math.

Go out and have a steak tonight...on me!

DD
Old 07-11-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I did rethink this......I'm just gonna have to pay for it.......it really bothers me.....and yeah I definitely got a low tolerance level........I should consider myself lucky that it's all I need.....knock on wood. No steak tonight ....lamb chops. So I need 2 thousand to start......I hope to have that in September . It's part of the self care plan.