Notices

Ugh how did I get here

Old 07-08-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

Ugh how did I get here

Currently experiencing anxiety and panic attacks after trying to taper off after a period of heavy drinking.

I read my old posts here at SR about how well I was doing and wonder what the heck happened. How can I be back at this point?

I am going to join the July 2015 club I think, just not sure it is medically safe to do so today. I have not had a drink today, but I am in a remote area without medical services and do not have access to medical help should the withdrawal symptoms require it.

My only option appears to be a taper. I'm such a dumb ass for getting back to this point.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to hear you're struggling James.

I could never taper worth a damn - but if the area you're in is that remote that there's not even a hospital available to you, I guess you have to decide on your best option.

wishing you the best - hope to see you in the July group - you can join that at any time.

D
Old 07-08-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

It has worked for me before, perhaps because I am quite stubborn once I put my mind to something, but definitely a slippery slope. Keeping busy tonight, trying not to think about it, while monitoring myself and remembering what I have read here before urge surfing and have avoided a drink so far.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JamesAdams View Post
Currently experiencing anxiety and panic attacks after trying to taper off after a period of heavy drinking.

I read my old posts here at SR about how well I was doing and wonder what the heck happened. How can I be back at this point?

Hi.
I often arrived at the place your at and the bottom line was I had the first drink I was warned against, it’s that simple. The answer is If I don’t pick up the first drink I never have to TRY to get sober AGAIN one day at a time in a row.

BE WELL
Old 07-08-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by JamesAdams View Post
How can I be back at this point?
I don't know, but I can guess. Lack of a recovery plan...lack of face-to-face support...not using Sober Recovery effectively...not removing yourself from situations that involve alcohol...convincing yourself it's okay to drink...not accepting you can never drink.

Any of those come close?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The other option you have would be to talk to your dr and get his okay before you stop drinking. Tapering is darn near impossible for alcoholics.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back James!!
Old 07-08-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Do you have someone that can stay with you?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

I managed to drastically reduce my intake yesterday compared to the day before, which was less than the day before that etc.

Was in bed at 9pm, slept great and am now up at 7am bright eyed and bushy tailed!