Tired of exabf

Old 07-07-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired of exabf

He got my new number and I have no idea of how.
He sent some texts saying how I destroyed him and made him waste his time and miss great opportunities with other girls.
I mean why he can't stop? He was the one to mentally abuse me yet he now says he wasted his time with me?
I couldn't sleep last note but I won't respond, I am not sure about how did he got my new number. I made sure I wasn't giving it to our mutual friends.
Why can't he just leave me at peace? He dumped me. He should be enjoying his time instead of trying so bad to keep on hurting me. I'm tired.
I guess I will just stop using cellphones for a while, like I did with my Facebook (I mentioned in an earlier thread that I deactivated my account and it seriously has gave me a lot of peace and time to go out and spend time with friends and family so maybe I will never reactivate it)...
Old 07-07-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Tth, it might be time to contact your local DV shelter and/or the police and find out your options for getting a protective order requiring him to leave you alone. Good for you for not responding.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Does your phone have a block option that you could just block him? I second, good for you to not engage. Many hugs to you.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Blame shifting is common and he hates to "lose". He had to try awful hard to get your number! He dumped you to protect his ego and drinking. It's that simple, so don't take it personally and block him.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hopeful4 no, it hasn't. Maybe I can download an app to see if it works, but still, what Lexie said has me thinking. What if he doesn't stop? It might be a good choice to get the order, I'm not sure, I don't want to play with fire here.

Refiner... I am not sure about why he dumped me but it was obviously for selfish motives... thanks for the support.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Either your phone itself, or your phone company should be able to block his number. That sucks, but his true colors are really shining through. I agree with Lexie, he is abusive.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Have you told him, flat out, that you do not want to be contacted by him anymore? If not, that might be a first step. Just factual, not angry, not needy: "We have broken up, I would respectfully ask that you please refrain from contacting me further. That goes for phone, email, text messages, letters, or anything else. If you persist, I will have no choice but to exercise my legal options."

That lays it out pretty clearly. If you don't feel it's safe for you to do that, or if you've already told him and he's disrespecting your expressed wishes, explore the possibility of getting an order. Either way, talking with an advocate would be a good idea.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are doing well not to engage.

Block him from your phone asap.

Originally Posted by Timetoheal12 View Post
He got my new number and I have no idea of how.
He sent some texts saying how I destroyed him and made him waste his time and miss great opportunities with other girls.
I mean why he can't stop? He was the one to mentally abuse me yet he now says he wasted his time with me?
I couldn't sleep last note but I won't respond, I am not sure about how did he got my new number. I made sure I wasn't giving it to our mutual friends.
Why can't he just leave me at peace? He dumped me. He should be enjoying his time instead of trying so bad to keep on hurting me. I'm tired.
I guess I will just stop using cellphones for a while, like I did with my Facebook (I mentioned in an earlier thread that I deactivated my account and it seriously has gave me a lot of peace and time to go out and spend time with friends and family so maybe I will never reactivate it)...
Old 07-07-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Have you told him, flat out, that you do not want to be contacted by him anymore? If not, that might be a first step. Just factual, not angry, not needy: "We have broken up, I would respectfully ask that you please refrain from contacting me further. That goes for phone, email, text messages, letters, or anything else. If you persist, I will have no choice but to exercise my legal options."

That lays it out pretty clearly. If you don't feel it's safe for you to do that, or if you've already told him and he's disrespecting your expressed wishes, explore the possibility of getting an order. Either way, talking with an advocate would be a good idea.

Yes Lexie, I asked him to stop contacting me the day he broke up with me.
Still, the order seems a lot to me.
I blocked his number, hopefully he will get bored. If not, I will go get the order.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sounds like a plan. Don't wait too long if he keeps it up, though.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It might be a good choice to get the order, I'm not sure, I don't want to play with fire here.
That’s exactly the objective of the abuser – FEAR so that you will not do anything to disrupt his abuse.