Notices

Ahhh. . .

Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ahhh. . .

I just spent the better part of the last 48 hours reading a book. It has been years since I have experienced the pleasure of recreational reading. Oh, the joy of a sober mind. I did make time to get to a meeting yesterday for my spiritual health. Be well, everyone.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have found, even before attempting sobriety, that reading is one of the few things I have left that I can do without feeling alcohol would make it better. I have been reading a LOT this past first week of being sober, and even panicked a little that I couldn't find the next book in a trilogy in the store, and have to wait a couple days for an online order to come!

Feels good to have something to genuinely enjoy sober. It's hard to find such things at my current stage.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah....reading is an added bonus to sobriety......I'm reading the Sleep Doctor by Stephen king for the second time.......it's a continuation of the shining......Danny is all grown up and he's an alcoholuc.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just reread Misery by Stephen King. Wow is it ever twisted!! I was on the edge of my seat for the whole book..... couldn't put it down