Mediation for divorce can commence

Old 07-06-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Mediation for divorce can commence

I received my pension estimate today which was all I was waiting for to initiate the mediation to proceed with divorce, all I have to do is print off bank and credit card statements. I contacted my solicitor so she could get everything in motion only for her to advise me that ex a solicitor hasn't written back to her confirming that ex a agrees to mediation actually he hasn't replied to her previous letters at all!!

She will write to them again and see if they reply.

Now it's here and will actually progress I don't know how I feel about it. Suppose when I was waiting for my pension estimate the divorce wasn't happening, now it is.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've done everything you can. I'm in a similar position with my ex in a custody case. He's dragged his feet every step, withheld information and just generally not cooperated even though he was the one who initiated it in the first place.
Like that Tom Petty song says, "The waiting is the hardest part." Sending a hug your way. Hope we both have good outcomes.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Let's hope so ladyscribbler
Old 07-06-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Just keep on keepin' on. Sooner or later you will have your divorce. In the meantime, just go about your business. This isn't a race--it's nice to have things resolved, but you're in good shape otherwise.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
but you're in good shape otherwise.
Lol your funny lexiecat, I've been a paranoid obsessive mess these last few weeks!!

I almost contacted him to ask him if he would contact his solicitor as they aren't responding to mine. Who knows maybe he's not responding to his solicitors letters. Anyway I didn't It will be good to have things resolved but knowing that at some point it will be is where my thinking needs to be not obsessing over it and him. I need to let the solicitors do their jobs and process and deal my feelings as they come up and stop trying to force it.

Let it go and breathe all will work out in the end and at the right time!