Notices

need help

Old 07-05-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need help

guys I need help positive help I managed to throw the remaider of what I called life away I feel so horrible rite nw I just couldn't remain sober I managed to pull myself together am spent 5 days sober but last we friday I decided to drink and I managed to embarace my self in front of people an the binge carried on I even left my job nw iam at a point I dnt know how to recover from my family and fiance are so mad at me that I have decided to cut contact with them I dont want to see them until I get help I have had it its not fun anymore this is an actual hell I wouldn't wish on any1 but I will be strong an fight tomorrow iam visiting rehab to see if they can help me this time I managed to screw I even failed to buy my bby his essentials :-(
Old 07-05-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back, and sorry to hear of your situation.

Glad to hear that you are visiting rehab tomorrow, don't be afraid to seek medical assistance sooner via the ER if you need it. I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence, but if you are referring to a child/baby please call someone in your family that can help with that immediately. As embarrasing as it might be you have a responsibility to care for your child or find someone who can if you are not capable.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks scott fortunately my baby is 1 years now but I am responsible as a father to compromise to his wellbeing but iam failing terrible I have just told myself to be strong cause if I let this depression take over me I will back here again I HAVE TO FIGHT THIS OLD DEMON AND I HAVE TO WIN
Old 07-05-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I get it! I had a really miserable time stopping last year and finally decided to let my pdoc guide me. I got lots of help and somehow got through the first 3 months. After that it was easier. I've had one brief slip since then. It can be very hard for some of us to stop drinking. IMHO, it's not a moral failing! It is a physiological addiction that is incredibly sneaky. Get whatever help you can. Rehab sounds like a good start but you will need other supports and help after that, too. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you!
Old 07-05-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back mraloneza!!

Time to draw a line under drinking for the sake of you and your child, time to create a plan moving forward to keep you Sober, more support, a change of routines, whatever it takes!!

You can do this!!
Old 07-05-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Is there somebody you could call to look after your baby tonight and then you could go to the ER and detox, then in the morning you could arrange rehab

Make a Coffee splash your face with cold water & make the call to have your baby looked after tonight i know you dont want no one seeing you but & i say this as a friend make the call to close family or a sober trusted close friend

If you have any remaining alcohol pour it away bud
Old 07-05-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you feel so low right now, but have faith that you can turn things around and be the person you want to be.

Rehab could work well, and I hope that you can make a plan that will work for you.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I was in a similar place, I headed to AA and went every day and read the big book and got started getting sober, THAT DAY.

Things gradually improved from there.

Can you try getting to a meeting as a place to start?
Old 07-05-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No bones about it, you are in a tough situation, and by your own admission this is of your own doing. Please follow through with your plan to get help. You don't want to lose your bby or yourself. Best wishes to you.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Nice job on coming back. It sounds like you know what you need to do. If you want things to change you have to change, and it may be hard for the first little while, but getting sober is definitely the answer.

Asking for help is the hardest part, but it makes all the difference in the world. Use family, friends, or if you don't want them to see you go to an AA meeting. Everyone there has been where you are and they can help you more than you know.

Let us know how the rehab went. I hope they can help!
Old 07-06-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi.
I hope you can remember this period so you don’t repeat it, it’s called REMEMBER WHEN. There are good suggestions above if you want to stay sober. Mine is get to MANY meetings, even several a day even if you don’t want to as it’s a learning and changing process that is needed for recovery. The big thing is stick permanently with whatever you decide, that is what makes it work.

BE WELL