So angry

Old 07-01-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So angry

My daughter is driving me crazy, she could be losing custody of her daughter and she is barely doing anything about it. I don't want to lose my granddaughter. There is a court hearing coming up in a few days, I don't even know if she'll go. She got a letter from her lawyer and she didn't even open it, she just decided to leave, I don't even know where she is. My heart will be broken if I lose my granddaughter, all because she can't face her responsibilities. I don't know how to handle this.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go to the hearing......ask for temporary custody.....and go from there.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

^^^ YES.

I was speaking with a co-worker a few weeks ago about a 14-year-old that I know of, who was having trouble with her diabetes. Her dad's a single father, and isn't the most stable man. Her school nurse has reported her to Office of Children's Services (OCS). I saw a document from OCS, which said that dad refused to manage her diabetes. She often has high blood sugar--worrisome high.

She was hospitalized a few weeks ago for high blood sugar. Somewhere between 400-500. Dad didn't bother going to visit her. We were all concerned about it, because man-oh-man.... If that was me, and my dad was close enough he didn't visit me in the hospital (and I'm 26, not 14), he wouldn't be welcome around me.

We all figured if OCS was involved with her in school, surely they would be involved if they were hospitalized. A mutual friend was interested on getting custody of the girl if it came to that. The problem is, is he has a criminal background and had OCS involvement himself from YEARS ago (when he was in active addiction). He's been sober over 10 years now.

My co-worker used to work in the OCS department. I gave her a rundown, and she said absolutely volunteer instead of waiting for OCS to start looking around for placement.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lesa

my daughter lost her four kids with no visit..rights where taken ..I thought I would not see them,,,,dad got them and IAM close to him and his new wife thank god I see them ,,,praying for you that was me yr ago
Old 07-02-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Debbie is right. Most C&P (care and protection) agencies are mandated to look favorably upon fit family members who request temporary custody. Keeping the child in the family causes less disruption so is in the best interests of the child. This also makes transition back to the mother if mother follows the program and regains custody.