Notices

10 days in and feeling great, except for the fatigue

Old 07-01-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 days in and feeling great, except for the fatigue

Ten days into sobriety - again - and feeling and functioning as well as ever. Sleeping 6+ hrs per night with minimal disturbance (even my bladder works better without the alcohol I guess) and of course waking up 100% clear-headed and alert. What a pleasure!

I've forgotten how much fun it is to tackle a day without that sour feeling in your stomach, the dull fog surrounding your brain/thinking and the barely suppressed and pervasive anxiety about the past, present and future.

Now, I am just looking one way and that is forward.

The only downer is fatigue which manifests itself when I am exercising (training for a marathon). In the past quitting booze tended to give me a lot more energy and 'zip' but not this time, at least not yet. I hope the energy level will be back up to normal soon.

One other benefit: weight loss - down 3 lbs since June 22nd. Full disclosure: I am counting calories and carefully watching what I eat so that probably has something to do with it too. And working out. Trying to find my abs, last seen in public around 1987. :-)
Old 07-01-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done - keep it going
Old 07-01-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Joe. I have run marathons both before and after getting sober 2 years ago. For me, my race times haven't gotten a lot faster since I have been sober. But they HAVE gotten faster. Keep training. Stay sober. I am sure that within a few weeks you will find your energy level increase.

Good luck.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Calitano and firstymer! As they say down here in Texas, I'm not fixin' to get a lot faster, just trying to get back to where I was... :-) It would be optimistic to start thinking Boston qualifying time... Something which I did forget in my earlier post is that my GERD symptoms have all but disappeared. I had grade C esophagitis about a year ago and some issues with swallowing (that was scary!) and quit drinking for a few months back then too. And lost some some weight. It seems to have pretty much gone away now, will have to have another upper GI tract endoscopy to make sure, but not for a few months.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on reaching double digits Joe
Old 07-01-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

10 Days is fantastic Joe!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-01-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on ten days sober!
Old 07-01-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 10 days JIH