Update and a bit off topic

Old 07-01-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update and a bit off topic

Hi peeps,

Haven't posted in a while, not much to report really.

After the scare with our 14 year old DD and the scissors, my husband and I opened our eyes and our minds. We are making changes in the way he and I interact and the way we respond and interact with both of the girls.

He and I have had the rare opportunity to have two nights out - alone. Just for dinner but still, it gave us the freedom to discuss things we normally can't because of the kids always being under our feet. It was much needed and now that we have had a taste of this "freedom" we plan on having at least one date night a month.

I am a bit nervous today - today he interviews for the position I posted about not long ago. His boss has been gone since June 12th - they have only interviewed a couple of other people. I am trying my best to keep calm, it is not even my interview. On one of our "date nights" he opened up about the way it all went down. He shared with me his thoughts, ideas and concerns he would bring to his interview, they sound solid and very strong. I am trying to turn this over to my Higher Power, his will be done, not mine!

Over the last few weeks I have accepted the fact, although I don't like it, we are where we are - for a reason! Yes, we have the power to change our minds and make better decisions BUT if it is not meant to be then we must move on. Acceptance is very liberating.

As mentioned before - the company I work for is still be being bought out and my future here is questionable. I still remain calm though, because I have no control over the outcome. I will either have a job - or I won't.

To prepare myself I have updated my resume'. I have spoken openly to my supervisor about my interest in moving on eventually, of course she feels the same. I do feel that I will be here till the end though, until they tell me you no longer have a job, not quite ready to jump ship and leave the company. However, just last week I stepped outside of my comfort zone and queried about a position within our company, different department. It felt strange but it felt like the right thing to do, hard to explain.

So - that is kind of where we are right now. Looking back at some of my older threads I am so glad I am not consumed by all my fear. Of course I have doubts and fear but the way I am handling them is different. I have you guys to talk to if I need, I have my daily readings, I have meditation, my daily walks, etc.

Anyway - we shall see where his interview leads him and where my company's buy leaves me! In the meantime I have vacation coming up and my youngest DD will celebrate her 9th birthday next week. So I have a life to go live

Thanks for stopping and reading!!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You sound great, trigger! Both of you. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, doing the "next right thing," and even if things don't turn out the way you THINK they should, they will turn out AS they should, and you will be OK.

Hugs, thanks for the great update!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Lexie -

Oddly enough it feels like we are reborn again - sounds weird and it is even harder to explain but it is almost like we just - changed.

It feels good and really weird.

Taking baby steps for sure!!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, there is a little something called a "spiritual awakening"--that's where thing just start getting a whole lot more CLEAR. It's like putting on a new pair of glasses (to steal a metaphor: A New Pair of Glasses).
Old 07-01-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So....just spoke to my husband - he said his interview went well. Won't get our hopes up, the end result will be where we need to be!