Notices

better plan, starting over

Old 06-29-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

better plan, starting over

Good morning friends - after almost a month sober, I went right back to my old ways. I'm here again with a fresh start and new prospective. I am anxious and tired today. Drank a bottle of wine yesterday . I had nightmares all night thinking of the damage I've probably caused to my health. I was feeling so great and then one stressful day led to one glass of wine, and then the next day it was 2 ....and so on. I've always considered myself strong, but find that alcohol as made me almost powerless. People that know me , consider me the "fun one". Always up for a good time. They don't see the next day when I am so guilt ridden and anxious, counting down to the next time I can drink to make it stop. I deserve more, my family deserves more. I'm here for support and I really appreciate it !
Old 06-29-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back! What do you think you will do differently this time? Staying sober isn't usually easy for us but it sure beats the alternative.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back, sorry you have a reason to be here.
Oh, how I remember the anxiety and remorse. Fifteen years of it.
I tried moderating, never worked for me, either.
I understand where you're coming from. Just don't take that first drink. So simple. But works so well. I can not drink safely.
You'll find lots of support here.
Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You`re here, you`re back! Thank goodness! I hope you can find a good plan and stick with it. It`s hard, but so so worth it to be free from the bottle and the guilt, shame and self loathing.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back. Until I admitted I was powerless over alcohol once I picked up that first drink, I kept drinking.

Make a plan, tweak the one you had and if you have another bad day, or great day or whatever, I'd recommend ice cream instead of alcohol
Old 06-29-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk BBFK
Old 06-29-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!

For me I needed more than good intentions and willpower, my addiction eventually in isolation would grind me down and sell me every fairytale it could about why drinking was a good idea.

Instead I needed a plan, and plenty of daily support to keep focused on the job at hand and give me a second opinion on things when my own mind wanted to drink.

You can do this!!
Old 06-29-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you made it back. I've heard others say that sometimes its harder when you're the life of the party, there is always some peer pressure because everyone is looking forward to seeing you bring the fun. Bottom line, this is about BeBetterforkids, and no one else.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats the plan Be?

D