my spouse is coming home from rehab

Old 06-28-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my spouse is coming home from rehab

My husband comes out of treatment soon. He has been in treatment for a year and a half. My problem is that I know he has not changed. He has not accepted any responsibility for his actions- in fact, im not sure what his addictions all were!
He was not court ordered, and he had no arrests.
We have children together, and I dont want to return to the crazy lifestyle of living with an addict.
I have boundaries, but he doesnt, nor does he respect mine. Any suggestions for how to deal with this? Its pretty scary to be handed back someone who destroyed your life and just take them home.....
Old 06-29-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you been to any Nar-Anon meetings or other support groups? Do you have family members that you can reach out to? A year and a half is a long time to be in a rehab program and not take anything away from it. Hopefully he will come home with some tools in place. Have you been to any family counseling? There are others on the forum that can offer great advice who are dealing with an addicted spouse. I'm sure someone will offer advice soon.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wow, a year and a half is long time to not have something make a dent!

do they offer family counseling where you can bring this up in a safe enviroment? if you truly do not want him home, you may have to take some serious steps.....

let us know how you are doing.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you been actively engaging with him for the past year and half? Done any family counseling? It sounds like a very awkward situation and to be honest not well planned out by this rehab if they haven't worked on re-integrating him into the family. Id look into some kind of ongoing family counseling where you can work together to rebuild your lives, and try to restore your marriage.