It's been a few months!

Old 06-27-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been a few months!

I am just stopping by to update everyone. It has been 9 months since my husband entered detox and then rehab. He has been sober ever since. I was skeptical that sobriety would really work for him but so far he has done great. He is open with me and tells me that he feels so much better than he did and that he would love to help other's overcome the same addiction.

I am still working on me. I am not as co-dependent as I used to be. I get better each day!

I will include each and everyone of you in my prayers!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bamawife.....that is wonderful news.

Do keep us informed. People around here could use a few positive stories, like yours!!!

dandylion
Old 06-27-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My story was so nasty in the beginning!!!!!!!!!!! I am just thankful for each and every day. I didn't know for sure if my RAH would ever accept sobriety but he did. For that, I am most grateful! If I can ever share my story or help anyone, I will be happy to do so.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, great update! Glad you're both doing so well.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is a great inspiring story! I don't know your story because I am new here and glad it sounds like things are going well. So that's a great thing. I guess In a way this gives me hope, and in some sense due to my thinking and relationship and where I am it in my recovery, I am not sure if that hope I keep that it could work out for me or my A is healthy.. ,For me that window of hope has led to a spiral of broken promises, mistrust, despair, the whole spiral. And I still cling to it at times, but I think maybe the issue is instead of focusing on hope for him, I need to keep it on me regardless, even though that they have been tied to each other (prob not in a good way) and I guess that has been hard, since I am still emotionally attached, but have gone no contact, at least now while I sort through all I feel and want... But definitely happy to hear for you!
Old 06-27-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How wonderful. Thanks for the update.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for stopping back in to update us! Wonderful to hear that things are still going well! Yay!!!