Notices

Back again and again

Old 06-26-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again and again

I am here, with the same old story. Sober, but hung over. I feel horrible. Anxiety and fear. I don't ever want to feel like this again. I need help.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk have you considered putting a recovery plan together to help you on your journey
Old 06-26-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

We do understand how hard it is, Scotty!

Stay close to SR, work on a plan for quitting and stick with it. You can do this.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back l scotty
Old 06-26-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi.
Many times we need to surrender to win. For me I needed to become honest with myself about my drinking and accept the fact I’d never have to feel miserable again if I don’t have that first drink.
This sobriety achievement is no simple thing in the beginning, most of us need to work on it and change our living and thinking processes which requires time and a lot of attention.
People here and at meetings like AA have helped many get and stay sober but they can’t do the work for us.

BE WELL
Old 06-26-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lscotty1, I've been there time and again. Day 1, etc.

But you are here, so that means you really still want recovery. Why not join us in the class of June? Its a start..

Good to see you back.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I totally understand Scotty. I'm in the exact same hell. Praying for us!
Old 06-26-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

This can be your last day 1 Lscotty, get some rest and drink lots of water, put up a recovery plan and post here whenever you feel like having a drink.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Help is out there in many places. You have access to the means for recovery. Seeking and accepting help can be a scary prospect, but for me it was a life or death situation. Find your plan and stick to it.

Never forget how you feel today. I remember my last drunk very clearly. I remember the misery, sickness, and helplessness. I don't ever want to feel that way again, but I never want to forget how it felt. If I forget, I'm liable to drink again and find myself in worse shape than before.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you came back.

It doesn't always stick on the first try, and that's true for most of us. It's important to come back though, at least you're showing yourself you still want it.

What can you change from last time that might help more? Can you add meetings or therapy or something like that?

I don't know about you, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to stay sober, no matter what the cost.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sober, but hung over

here's the good news....if you STAY sober, you will NEVER have another hangover.

but if you keep drinking, you'll never know what life can be like truly sober.

i'm sorry you feel like hell, but glad you are HERE feeling like hell.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You say "Back, again and again". Maybe you shouldn't leave.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Lscotty

I guess the question is - what are you prepared to do to stay sober?

I don't need an answer - I just think thats a good place for you to start

D
Old 06-26-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So good to see you still trying Lscotty. I remember the misery so well - it's wonderful to be free of it. You can definitely do it - there's nothing in that bottle for us. No fun, excitement, or relief from stress. It only adds to our anxiety.

You can kick it out of your life - we will help. Never give up.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Lscotty, I went back and read your starting threads and there seems to be a bit of a theme or pattern. It sounds as if there may be more going on than just alcohol addiction. The alcohol allows the escape, provides the numbness. I noticed that even in your alcohol free stretches (roughly 2 weeks at a time) you were still battling other issues. Maybe seeking out some assistance to sort it all out would be a good idea. I apologize if you already have done that (I didn't see it if you have). We all know one thing, the booze is not going to solve anything...ever. Never has that I know of. best wishes to you.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I always hear what I need in this place. I do have other issues that lead me back to drinking every time. I found a psychologist and psychiatrist that take my insurance. I have an AA sponsor. Now I just need to move my feet. That's where I get stuck. I put off doing the important stuff and eventually get drunk again.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lscotty1 View Post
Thanks guys. I always hear what I need in this place. I do have other issues that lead me back to drinking every time. I found a psychologist and psychiatrist that take my insurance. I have an AA sponsor. Now I just need to move my feet. That's where I get stuck. I put off doing the important stuff and eventually get drunk again.

It sounds like you're taking the steps you need to succeed. Obviously a relapse isn't what you want but no use crying over spilt milk- the past is the past, you just have to put it behind you and try again.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

One day at a time, Lscotty.

Use as many avenues for support as you can.

Just don't drink today. You know it solves nothing, digs us in a deeper hole of hell, ruins us from the inside out and only succeeds when it has taken everything from us.

Stay strong, you deserve to be sober today!
Old 06-27-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lscotty1 View Post
How it works.
Into action.
Working with others.

Yup, gotta put in the footwork. But good news on the program of AA-
None of it will hurt ya and none of it is illegal! It will prolly help ya find causes and conditions to the underlying issues a d Solutions for em.
Next time ya want to drink, pick up the phone and call your sponsor or others in recovery. The phone is lighter than a bottle and better solutions that way.

It works if ya work it so work it you're worth it.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome back Lscotty.