Notices

I'm back and need to stop

Old 06-21-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back and need to stop

So everyone, it's been a while since my last post. I've had some good things happen since my last post and some many down times of course because of drinking. I'd take a month or so here and there and not take a sip. After the month was over...next thing I know I having drinks at home. The drinks at home lead to drinks at work then sneaking drinks at home. I went on a binge last week....I had to explain to both jobs I have why I wasn't doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Luckily for me I was able to use a medical excuse to cover everything up. I went to the doctor anyways and was able to get a release note for work. All in all....my wife left because she said I kicked her out. I don't remember any of that. She is and has been in Seattle for the past 4 days and says she is staying for the next week maybe.

Not to my shock I'm still drinking....so a week of trying to keep my life together and keep my jobs...I kick my wife out and I call her to find out she is Seattle is not enough to make me stop? I hate this life, I hate how it makes me! Luckily the kids are with grandma for a weeks of the summer so they don't have to see this. I don't get myself! I'm doing everything to really ruin my life but not stopping.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi GetRight as hard as it might seem you have to move forward & focus on your sobriety have you got a plan ? are you part of class for when you got sober for daily check in's to help get through the early stages & beyond because i know first hand it helps so much

Im really glad your back on track GetRight

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-64-a.html
Old 06-21-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

In order to stop drinking, you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink. Simple but not easy. But it can be done.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things are getting worse and they will continue to do so until you decide to stop drinking. Do the right thing for yourself, your wife and your children and commit to sobriety. You can get this right.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi getitright, sounds like things are pretty bad, I feel for ya man. And now you are alone, even worse. No one there to stop you from drinking yourself into oblivion. Have you considered professional help if you have that option? It can't hurt.
I sincerely hope you get this figured out, sooner than later. I wish you the very best. You deserve it, and so does your family.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can do this Getright!! Never give up trying!!
Old 06-22-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi getitright

maybe its time to try a new approach - really pull out all the stops.
Have you thought of AA at all?

D
Old 06-22-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have to want it. All of your effort, every day, to say I'm not going to drink and then follow through on not drinking NO MATTER WHAT.

There is a phrase in AA. Half measures will avail us nothing. Really, I had to put my all into stopping and staying stopped for it to sink in.

On a personal note, I'm stopped but just as I was reading your post my husband called and it's obvious to me that he's been drinking and using. He's a "half measure" kind of guy and he's generally surprised when he finds himself drunk and out of control. It's as hard on the family as it is on the alcoholic. If you need more help, maybe consider treatment if you are struggling. That's what I had to do.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for all your wonderful words. It motivates me for sure. Ugh, sometimes I just hate myself for the things I do and it does to the people I love!