Update

Old 06-21-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Hello you wonderful people I just wanted to update you all and maybe give hope to others
it's been 10 months since I chucked my AH out. It's been hard work I have had to look deep inside and realise why I stayed in such an emotional abusive relationship for so long. I have had lots of therapy . Lots of support from friends and family lots of tears lots of desperate days lonely nights etc.
I can honestly say I'm back ! And I love it. . I love being with friends and also on my own. I HAVE A LIFE NOW.. not an anxiety stricken excistance no more trying to contain my old life ..
my AH wants me back .. of course he does he is back in prison he hasn't stopped himself he has been temporarily paused by the authorities ... He had the audacity to call me from prison and tell me he missed my voice ... don't get me wrong I pity his weakness for his DOC but I'm never getting back on the ride.
Thank you all of you for your support through the last couple of years I wouldn't have got through it without you xx
Old 06-21-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome BACK! you sound very good.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good for you! I hope you'll continue to stop by and help out those who are now going through what you did. Helping others is what we do here and you would be a great source of support.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a wonderful update Karrets! It's good to hear from you! Keep up the great work on YOU that you so deserve!
Old 06-22-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks hopeful I know we had our moments when I was blinded by the abuse thank you for your honesty and support x
Old 06-23-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh Karrets, I have never ever felt anything but concern and now happiness in my heart for you! I am an honest person, and I hope you know would never ever mean to hurt you in any way.

I am just so happy to hear how well you are doing. I know the struggles you have had, and have overcome, and it's just wonderful to hear!!!!

XXX
Old 06-23-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Karrets, so good to hear from you. You sound so happy and at peace! Isn't it amazing to see what a life without an addict is like? It looks like between time, distance and therapy you have found a good place and can see things clearly. I hope you continue to stop by and say hello and I wish you the very best! Hugs.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done!!
Old 06-23-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Karrets I am now in that same spot. Dealing with severing the ties. I too wonder why i have continued to stay with someone who is clearly not concerned with my well being.

I was a smart and confident young woman and i am still smart but ive had my blinders on. So its time to put on my big girl panties and start living life on my own terms and cut the cinderblock off my ankle.

So happy for you. I am inspired to see how far you have come and hope everyday keeps getting better and better
Old 06-23-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for your update! Now that is the kind of Happily Ever After I'm working on!! Best wishes to you!!