Can I just say.....

Old 06-20-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can I just say.....

I really wanted to express my thanks to everyone on this board. This board had helped me in my life since 8/2011. I have been through a lot since then, and the only consistency is when I come here. Thank you all for being part of my life.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))
amy

PS - I know no one here is paid to be here, and that is the amazing thing about this forum. We are just people reaching out to people. Some come here to find answers, some already found the answers and are paying it forward.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I totally agree about what a great place this. People helping people, sharing their experiences and learning from each other. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that I'm glad YOU are here and part of this community. Hugs to you and everyone else!

Last edited by Sara21; 06-20-2015 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spacing
Old 06-20-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel the same way, Amy. This board and the posts that I read got me through some very dark times a couple years ago.

I have come a long way from the days when I was the partner of an addict who had no interest in stopping. To some degree, I feel the need to pay it forward, as many people (who I don't see posting here anymore) helped me so much with their wise words. I didn't like it at first, but they were right.

But I understand why they aren't around anymore. As we heal our own dysfunctions, we move on, and it becomes hard to remember where we were at when we were in pain, and to have patience for the pain of others, when the answers seem so easy. Of course they only seem easy now because I went down a very tough road.

I think that those who do maintain their patience for others, yet keep their own strength and wisdom, are saints -- especially those who go into the healing professions. I don't know how they do it......but I am thankful for the work that they and many have done to keep SR going. They have made a positive difference for me.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree Amy. There was a long time when I had cancer and was bedridden that SR was the extent of my social activity. I will always be grateful to SR.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's strange, sometimes I think I "got it", then I fall back. SR is always here to help me get up again.

I don't think I'm capable of ever stopping learning from here. I learn more each day and each day the people I meet here, enrich my life.

I will never say that sometimes I got upset here. I did a lot, and sometimes I did for no reason. Sometimes, I was just triggered, sometimes I didn't want to hear the truth.

I learn and I grow from here each day.

All the good things that are happening in my life now, I owe that all to SR.

(((((hugs)))))
amy
Old 06-20-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iamthird View Post
I agree Amy. There was a long time when I had cancer and was bedridden that SR was the extent of my social activity. I will always be grateful to SR.
Hey Iamfirst, not third, it is so nice to see you back here again. There might have been sometimes that I wasn't that active here, but I was always looking for your posts, I always wanted to know how you were doing. SR is my family. You're part of my family. You really are a special person to me.

amy
Old 06-20-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sara, and Needabreak, I don't know you that well. I would like to know more about you. I think both of you are very special, and and I really thank you for responding to this thread.

(((((hugs))))))
amy
Old 06-20-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Hey Iamfirst, not third, it is so nice to see you back here again. There might have been sometimes that I wasn't that active here, but I was always looking for your posts, I always wanted to know how you were doing. SR is my family. You're part of my family. You really are a special person to me. amy
I had not been around for a few months also because I had gotten annoyed but I am over it now so I am back! I have not seen English Garden on here, I wish there was a way I could reach her because I feel like she is one of the people who sustained me during my illness.

I swear the other day I almost called in sick because I was caught up in reading my old threads/posts. It really is so great to be able to track your own progress or lack thereof at times!

Thank you Amy!!
Old 06-20-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey first, I thought English Garden mostly posted in the F & F of substance abuse. Try to sent her a PM. I'm pretty sure she is still around.

Gotta tell you, I was sort of out of commission also. I was reading old emails. Why? I'll never know.

I was really worried about you with the cancer. I was diagnosed with 2 cancers at the same time. I just wish now that I could have been more supportive to you.

amy
Old 06-21-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

SR has been one of the touchstones of my life since I first came here too. The f2f support and sharing at an Alanon meeting is very important, but I get a whole different type of support and sharing here at SR, and it has done me at least as much good as the f2f stuff, probably more.

I've looked at other forums, but so far, nothing is like SR. I've been really upset by some of the recent changes here (format, ads, etc.), but as long as the people, posts and ES&H remain of the same caliber, I'm not going anywhere.

My gratitude for all of you here at SR is boundless.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Honeypig, I like the old format better too. I owe a lot of thanks and gratitude to everyone here on SR too, Amy. I struggled with codependency and low self esteem and SR kept me company on so many cold winter nights a few years back and remains here when I feel myself slipping. This is truly a great place full of warm hearted folks. Some of us are still hurting, some have healed old wounds and trying not to break them open again. Wherever we are on our journey SR remains a soft place to land for all of us.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I second this post! I don't know what I would have done in my life without the wonderful support of you Amy...and so many here at SR! What a great place to be!

XXX