custody and visitation questions

Old 06-19-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

custody and visitation questions

After 5 years of sobriety i had a bout with binge drinking for the last few months - im 10 days dry now -but my question is my pregnant girlfriend who was also my boss and i broke up in november 2014- my son was born dec 2014 -i was terminated in january 2015 i have only had a few brief but horrible exchanges with her since then -she was aware that i have had a problem with alcohol in my past however she saw nothing of it, we worked together and lived together for 2 years i was sober the whole time-however she treated me like an addict and constantly accused me of doing drugs and drinking-i have had a terrible time getting reestablished and am currently rooming with some friends -i cant afford a lawyer right now and her mother is a partner in a large law firm in our town --she has told me that she is going to tell the court system that she is afraid of me and that shes afraid i will get drunk and hurt my son- and none of that is true ,she doesn't even know that i relapsed -my son is very young and i know that that this is going to be a bitter battle , but how will the visitation be if we cant be in the same room with each other -and whats going to happen if she makes me look like a drunk abusive a-hole even if she has no proof -i have mailed money to her office and her mothers home but it gets sent back and i was told if i sent anymore or tried to contact her she was going to get the police involved -so no contact in last 3 months-i will have a lawyer soon but im worried about not being able to bond with my son and what will the supervised visitations be like ?
Old 06-19-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One thing at a time, my friend. All these issues are best dealt with by and through your lawyer. Until you can get one, the best thing you can do for your son is focus on staying sober. Best of luck to you.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you have ten days sober. build on that, make THAT your goal for now. you will be a MUCH better father if you are sober and living a "clean" life. to be honest, I wouldn't trust anyone with less than 2 weeks off a binge. she said she is worried about how your drinking could affect your ability to take care of her son......I think that is a valid concern for ANY parent.

stay sober. get your life on track. prove thru your actions that you a responsible productive citizen and all else will fall into place.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't tell people, SHOW them you're sober and healthy.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yes thank you -some days seem to be over whelming yesterday was one -but after rereading my post it seems pretty clear -
Old 06-20-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you -