A Little Monthiversary

Old 06-18-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Little Monthiversary

Well, today is exactly one month since I moved out. Out of 30 nights, only 1 was sleepless. There was storm and the wind was blowing really bad. Weekends? All great. My AH was pretty much acting like a headless chicken. At first he was almost theatrical, shaved his goatee, took the wedding ring off, crashed $500 for Memorial Day weekend (his money, hahaha), and burnt in the sun because he was drunk off his butt.

Then he kinda piped down, grew the goatee back, put the ring back on, changed his status back to married on Facebook. I guess he is still theatrical.

Now, when it comes to alcoholism, I am able to see that he is pretty much a hopeless case. On top of that, he is abusive. Now, that is a huge issue I will never be able to swallow. That is something I will never forget. I am even allergic to the sound of ice cubes being put in a plastic cup. That is how he fixes his drink. So, I am getting ready for the next step. Divorce. I must tell you that this distance helped me clear my thoughts and make up my mind. Not to mention that he showed his true colors. I have both emotional and physical distance (financial too), lots of time for myself, and generally breathing space.

So, godwilling, sometime in August, I'll make another big step. If everything keeps going as planned, I should have the money by then.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!!

Sounds like you are on the right track! Keep your head up and your feet moving forward! Good luck to you on your journey of peace!!
Old 06-18-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

healthyagain......... (told ya!)

dandylion
Old 06-18-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's great news, HealthyAgain. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. I've become allergic to the sound of ice cubes falling into a glass too, and I hadn't even realized it until you mentioned it.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

HA that ice cube thing gives you a clue about how on edge and vigilant you had become before you left. These insights are a gift.
Congratulations on make a new life for yourself.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yup, getting a little breathing space is SOOO helpful to gain perspective on where you are and where you want to be.

Thanks for the great update!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fabulous to read this!!! Head space is so important!