Items found

Old 06-16-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Items found

So my wallet fell out of my purse this morning along with everything in said wallet. As I'm picking up the scattered items on my hands and knees before the rain starts, my eyes flash to an item I hadn't seen in a long time. It was a card from about 5 years ago from my then husband. It stated that although things were not good at the time, we would prevail. I remember that card well as he sent me beautiful flowers with it to my work. I was acting like a crazy person back then doing all the typical things a wife of an alcoholic does (I know this now) yet he still believed in us/me....kind of shook me. I started crying, bawling as I'm leaving my daughters school.
He tried everything under the sun but addressing HIS issues...and truth we both felt the same way...we would prevail no matter what. I always thought and felt that...because I had faith in him that he would figure it out...and make the right decisions for himself and his wife and kids. I had faith. Thing is I needed to figure my stuff out , deal with my issues, and take care of myself...and I did.
Weird thing is a few weeks ago he sent me a picture of a note I had written him over ten years ago before we were even engaged-that he had kept on his wallet all those years. Yes-we are divorced. Doesn't make the feelings go away thiugh-or the ache in my heart for him...the good him.

I don't even know if this makes any sense!!! Ugh-thanks for listening.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It makes sense....a lot. I've been divorced from my X for almost 2 years. We have a now 13yr. old boy together. I wear my husbands wedding band w/a cross charm around my neck because I do only want the best for him. I do miss him, but I miss the man I married....not what he has become or what I was when I was with him

I like the SOBER ME
Old 06-16-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes ^^. I'm a woman of faith and know without a doubt God puts us in marriages that reveal our issues and scars and wounds-so that exposing them to light we can heal them abd bind them. I don't miss who he turned into one bit and I don't miss who I turned into either.

One of my many issues was drinking and I cannot tell you how much my life has gotten better since I personally quit drinking. Exceptional would be an understatement.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((forourgirls))

Hate to read of your pain - the effects of dealing with this disease stays with us for a long time ~
Maybe this was an area your God wanted to bring to the surface so that He can help you heal another layer . . .
Wishing you & yours the best

PINK HUGS
Old 06-16-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

God has brought a lot to the surface. My therapist emphatically told me last night that over the years with her in therapy she's witnessed me heal my inner child-my childhood wounds. Hard work seeing your wounds and healing them. She stated that with all I've shared with her about my ex that it sounds like he's regressing back to childhood-I while heartedly agree. The more you drink, the more you never grow up. Glad to be free of that and see things clearly. Truly !!
Old 06-16-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
The more you drink, the more you never grow up. Glad to be free of that and see things clearly. Truly !!
I'd agree with that! Drinking, or any behavior of the like, stunts our personal growth. Pain is an indicator of change....