Attitude of Gratitude

Old 06-15-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Attitude of Gratitude

Since coming back home after 40 years to care for mom with drug addict brother in house I lost my "attitude of gratitude".

Need to find this again. I have been looking too much as what is not going well and not enough at what is-like my own life.

Today I am listing what I am grateful for: this forum and other support groups for family members with ALOs, being in therapy, work I love, pursuing new career directions, good friends, making new friends, finding new interests, pursuing my creative work that I put off for so long, overall health, spiritual practice of mindfulness.

Need to keep reminding myself to come back to "attitude of gratitude".
Old 06-15-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thank you so much for this post! I REALLY needed the reminder. i'e been mentally bogged down in the "issues" - AKA things that are not going MY way and I lost sight of the fact that:

a) this is a planned day off of work - I took last Friday as well to give myself a mini-break.
b) the weather is gorgeous
c) I've been busy tidying and cleaning...because I have a HOME that I truly do love and a good size hunk of property that has been graced into my care.
d) I had an awesome day with my kid (32, still my kid!) yesterday at the race track, because she ASKED me to go with her. meaning: she still likes me!
e) the few times I've peeked in on work email, it appears nothing caught on fire and I won't be walking into a sh!tstorm when I go back tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Me too, I needed to read this and make an adjustment to my own attitude, throwing in gratitude to keep my balance. In spite of my husband and I both fighting serious illness this past year, I am grateful that...

a) We are at the healing and wrap this thing up stage of our diseases and we both came out alive.

2) Today was filled with sunshine and we walked in nature and got home-fries at a chip wagon by the city beach...normal activities that we haven't done for an awfully long time.

3) I live in a place surrounded by beauty and the blue-est water this side of heaven called Georgian Bay with swans and signets and wonderful birds that sing to me each morning.

4) I have friends and family who all care and have walked with us through this entire ordeal and never once did I feel alone or helpless.

My glass is more than half full, my cup runneth over.

Thanks for the reminder.

Hugs
Old 06-16-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

YES!! This post rocks!!

1. My kid is pretty awesome. He's everyone's favorite baby at daycare, & he is always, always happy.
2. Alaska is beautiful & there's nowhere I would rather raise said kid.
3. I have a job. I have a vehicle (even if it's a POS). I have everything I need.
4. I have a body that is strong & healthy.
5. We are living a good, normal life surrounded by family & friends.
6. I have 2 bags of potatoes in the cabinet. That's a lot of potatoes. I love potatoes.
7. Bacon. Bacon goes with potatoes.
8. A friend signed me up for the Coffee of the Month Club from her local roastery. Since I cannot live without coffee, this, too is a good thing.

These are things to be grateful for!