Notices

Life on life's terms

Old 06-15-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life on life's terms

Wait, so you mean life isn’t all rainbows and unicorns because I’m sober!!! Lol.. I’m learning as I grow, I abused substances because I really didn’t know how to deal with life. Emotions, trials, anger, insecurities, etc. When I was numb from life, I didn’t chose to nor care to deal with these things. Here we are today, learning how to live and deal with life in a sober mind frame. It’s uncomfortably beautiful. Being sober doesn’t mean problems go away, it just shows us how to work on dealing with them to the best of our ability with God’s help. Faith helps me in the time of struggles.. drinking or using is the easy way out! Let’s stand firm in the battle!
Old 06-15-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good stuff there!
Early recovery was a serious roller coaster ride. I had a LOT of learning of how to live life on life's terms.
As time went on and practicing new ways of thinking and acting, it has, for the most part, become a working part of my life.
And only by the grace of God.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
Good stuff there!
Early recovery was a serious roller coaster ride. I had a LOT of learning of how to live life on life's terms.
As time went on and practicing new ways of thinking and acting, it has, for the most part, become a working part of my life.
And only by the grace of God.
I agree wholeheartedly with TS here - I just hit a year and it was learning experience like few I can even compare.

We do learn how to at first "get through" and then enjoy celebratory events as they arise. Weddings, holiday's etc I first feared by have now come to relish - soberly!

It would seems the first 12 - 24 months is a huge learning curve and then maybe life on life's terms or more emotional consistency and thought are pervasive. We'll see!!1

Nice thread, thanks for the post!
By grace, we are all here
Old 06-15-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Life is not all rainbows and unicorns for sure. I was fat dumb and happy in my sobriety then my daughter was diagnosed with cancer and passed away 6 months later.

The last 1.5 years have been horribly challenging but I thank God I'm sober today and even in the darkest times I never drank.

Life can be so hard but drinking will only make a bad situation worse
Old 06-15-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like a great outlook to me Seebrightly, learning to live with life and deal with it is one of the toughest challenges about quitting.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff SB
Old 06-15-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great post!!