Notices

Back and need some help.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back and need some help.

Well I'm back again, and trying to stay sober. Day one here. So much is going on and I feel overwhelmed and like I can't cope. We just got a pair of kittens who have fleas and everyone is being bitten in the house has to be clean from top to bottom. self and my kids are covered in bites. I broke a tooth and am in excruciating pain. I don't have the money to get it fixed right now. And I hurt my shoulder today somehow I have this horrible pain starting in my shoulders/bicep area and goes down into my arm. I don't I think I'm having a heart attack, is this cleaning thing is killing me. Oh and no one in my family speaking to me right now. I don't know what to do.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back!

I'm sure the cleaning is hard work but it's the only way to get rid of the fleas. I hope that you can get rid of the fleas on the kittens (and in your home) and enjoy your new pets.

I'm sorry about your tooth and your shoulder. Could you come up with a payment plan with your dentist to get the work done on your tooth?
Old 06-14-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Welcome back!

I'm sure the cleaning is hard work but it's the only way to get rid of the fleas. I hope that you can get rid of the fleas on the kittens (and in your home) and enjoy your new pets.

I'm sorry about your tooth and your shoulder. Could you come up with a payment plan with your dentist to get the work done on your tooth?
Working on that. I will find out on Tuesday if they can work with me.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fleas can be a rough one to get rid of. If your cats are allowed to wander the streets by themselves, don't let them for a good while. They're probably picking up the fleas from neighbors, and bringing them back into the house.

Then just clean everything best you can, use from Frontline on them, and bath them every few days with flea & tick shampoo. Fleas can only live without a host for a day or two, so keep them off your cats, and they should disappear quite quickly. Not sure about you, but my dogs are 30kg each, and I just use the Frontline for 40 - 60kg dogs on them. I know I'm not supposed to, but they're big boys, they can handle it, and it keeps the fleas away.

All the best with the other stuff!
Old 06-14-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lscotty, glad you came back. I hope you can get rid of those darned fleas! And I hope your dentist will work with you.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome back
So sorry to hear you are having pains and difficulty. Please stay strong, stay sober, you owe it to yourself. Just keep checking in.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lscotty - it's good to see you again. Drinking just makes everything more difficult to manage. I'm sorry you're having all those challenges right now - glad you decided to post about what's going on.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys I reread my post and it is very poor me. I don't know why but I'm just finding the situation very overwhelming. I caught myself thinking that right now might not be the best time to quit but then I remembered if I don't I won't actually be able to do anything about it. Cleaning house is hard when you're passed out. I got the cats from the neighbor when I was drunk. I wanted to get cats for a while, but I didn't even bother to take them into the vet for two and half weeks. Now me and my family are paying the price. Me and my son are both allergic to fleas .It is making me look at some of the wreckage of my past. It's a problem that I actually have to get up and deal with, i'm not used to dealing with things. Maybe it's a good lesson. Not fun, but still.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back Lscotty!!
Old 06-15-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome back!

I think getting kittens is be a good idea, but perhaps not now? If you have broken tooth with no money, I would concentrate on getting better first.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Take a big breath and remember that if you focus on one thing at a time everything will be completed. Stay strong, stay sober.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Lscotty1 View Post
It's a problem that I actually have to get up and deal with, i'm not used to dealing with things.
Successful recovery depends on you learning to deal with things. Identify your trouble areas, learn new coping skills. and apply them. This will go a long way in ensuring you remain sober.

Good luck.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ugh!! Tooth pain is the worse!! I hope you feel better! I'm sorry you're going through this! Keep your head up!
Old 06-15-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome back, Lscotty1! Did you end up attending outpatient therapy?

Glad you found your way back here. Wishing you the best...
Old 06-15-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things now LScotty?

D
Old 06-15-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things now LScotty?

D