I miss her

Old 06-14-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I miss her

Right now it still feels like when I went total No Contact a few years ago with my mom. It's only been a little over a month since she died. I guess it hasn't completely set in yet. I feel like I will just be able to pick up the phone and call her when she finds sobriety again. But the thing is....she never did. She never will. I will never be able to talk to her again. Ever. The finality of it is just hitting me hard tonight. My wedding is on Saturday. I just hope I can make it through without being too much of a crying mess.

I haven't been on here as much lately but I really needed a safe place to put my grief....a place where I knew someone would understand.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am extremely sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine the pain you feel. No one will ever replace our mothers. But just know that she will be there on your wedding day smiling down at the amazing person you are and the new life you are starting in marriage...we are all here for you and care about you. You are strong. And congratulations on getting married! You are about to start an amazing chapter in your life and i wish you the best!❤
Old 06-14-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

My heart and prayers go out to you and the people who loved her.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh berry I am sorry you are mourning. Grief is tough. There is no manual for it. Your wedding will be wonderful and your mom will be watching sober.

(((Hugs)))
Old 06-15-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Berry, I'm so sorry for your loss. My mum passed away on May 25th, also of cirrhosis.
I totally understand that unreal feeling. I totally understand that grief over how many milestones she wont get to be there for.
Sending you lots of hugs.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My mom died a couple years ago and I still find myself starting to call her when I need a recipe or an address. Give it time. Sorry for your loss again.