Notices

How did I get here???

Old 06-13-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How did I get here???

Hello All,
First I want to thank all of you for your posts. I am 3 weeks out in leaving my ABF of 5 years and reading the different posts has enlightened me to the fact that IM NOT THE ONLY ONE going through this! Who knew??

5 years of chaos, broken promises, broken dreams and God only knows what else..I feel like an ass. Can you imagine that I didn't realize he was an alcoholic until 4 1/2 years into this relationship? Now that I've stepped back and have had time to think about those 4 1/2 years it all makes perfect sense. His moving in with me for 6 months, only to move out with stupid excuses as to why, his constant weekend drinking during the day out at the bar with his friends, his bad judgements ( I swear, I felt like I was talking to a 5 year old ), his relationship with his children and his inability to step up to the plate as a father. Oh, I could go on and on but I'm sure you guys get it! Why didn't I see this for what it was?
End story.... I gave him the choice... You can either continue drinking without me in your life or get help with me in your life.... Guess what he chose? Shocking, right?
Yes, he has tried to reach out to me within these last few weeks. No, I have not returned the text or answered the calls. At this point what is there to say? I am so disappointed and angry with him ( and myself) that NOTHING good is going to come out of my mouth. The good news is that although I miss the better part of him I feel so much more relaxed. I hope he can find it within himself to get help but I know that I didn't cause it, I can't cure it and I most certainly can't control it..that's for him to do....

Getting stronger every day.....thanks for listening.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! I'm glad you joined us. I hope you can find peace in your life.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your pain and confusion but I'm glad you got out.

Welcome to the forums, Lilro
Old 06-13-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Lilro!!
Old 06-13-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Lilro