how do you know if they left inpatient treatment??

Old 06-12-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how do you know if they left inpatient treatment??

need to ask a question when a person is in inpatient treatment there is no way to contact them? when i put my wife in the woman told me that if i called they wouldn't acknowledge that she was there i had to wait for her to call...she didn't call that day (Tuesday) she called..weds and thursday..15min and 5min calls...today no call...the thing is these calls are the only thing letting me know she is still there and didn't walk out...(she walk out of a inpatient treatment before) i had just brought her a new phone /w new number (destroyed old phone with drug contacts and cut the line off) ...i call the phone every few hours cause i know they take it from her and she would only have it if she left..i figure she leaves first thing she gonna do is turn the phone on to call someone...so by it going to answering machine i know its turned off and I figure she is still there (yes i know thats pitiful but thats my life) so is there anyway besides this to know she is still there if she doesn't call???
Old 06-12-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

There really is no way to know if the facility said they won't tell you anything. The way it works here is, the patient signs a waiver to allow certain person to receive information. If she didn't sign that waiver allowing you to get info, then, they won't tell you anything.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, but why not take this time to work on yourself and your own issues. Everyone who lives with an addict has issues because addiction is a family disease.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rocstardj View Post
need to ask a question when a person is in inpatient treatment there is no way to contact them? when i put my wife in the woman told me that if i called they wouldn't acknowledge that she was there i had to wait for her to call...she didn't call that day (Tuesday) she called..weds and thursday..15min and 5min calls...today no call...the thing is these calls are the only thing letting me know she is still there and didn't walk out...(she walk out of a inpatient treatment before) i had just brought her a new phone /w new number (destroyed old phone with drug contacts and cut the line off) ...i call the phone every few hours cause i know they take it from her and she would only have it if she left..i figure she leaves first thing she gonna do is turn the phone on to call someone...so by it going to answering machine i know its turned off and I figure she is still there (yes i know thats pitiful but thats my life) so is there anyway besides this to know she is still there if she doesn't call???
They can't confirm or deny if she's there but you can leave a message. Ask them to ask her to sign a release.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I'm sorry you are dealing with this, but why not take this time to work on yourself and your own issues. Everyone who lives with an addict has issues because addiction is a family disease.
I agree...i do need to fix me..im beginning to realize this is compulsive behavior stressing over her...its really hard to snap out of tho
Old 06-13-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kayleezen View Post
They can't confirm or deny if she's there but you can leave a message. Ask them to ask her to sign a release.
Great advice
MM
Old 06-13-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i couldn't stand it anymore so i called...found out they can only make calls with the counselors and there are no counselors there on the weekend....so at least I'm not waiting for a phone call thats not coming...
Old 06-13-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kayleezen View Post
I'm gonna do that on Monday when the counselors are there..