Notices

Day 2... i made it!!!!

Old 06-12-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2... i made it!!!!

How many times have I been on "day 2"?! And who knows - I may be here again... That being said, I'm coming off the scare of my life, and have had to take a few days off work as a result (this is the first time it's gotten this bad)... Now I have this memory to keep me going. I've always listened to AV and fallen into the "I can safely have a couple of drinks a night" rut... Which inevitably escalates. I'm 31 and am realizing no one can see themselves in a serious relationship with me (unless they are an alcoholic as well), and no one could ever see me as a mother (which breaks my heart)... My most committed relationship has always been with alcohol and I have nothing but loss to show for it. Now is the time and I know that. Thanks for all your support y'all!!
Old 06-12-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awww!! What a touching post. I have faith in you that you'll go a lot farther than 2 days! Remember, one day at a time! One breath at a time!! I'm just over a month and it's a great feeling!! I wish you nothing but the best!! Oh, and I'm sure you're STILL pretty!! <3
Old 06-12-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations. on day two. Remember, this can be your last one. One day at a time.
Your story is a lot like mine. Almost four and a half years later, I'm sober.
You can do it, too.
My thoughts are with you.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck to you! 31 is still young, you can get your life back, go for it.

xx
Old 06-12-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A greakidst. I was lost and floundering at your age. Drinking too much, every night. Wish I had stopped back then but didn't. You can do this. Well done on day 2. I had my first child at 40 so you have a bit of time there
Old 06-12-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm dreaming about life a few months... Even years sober... Ibe always had this not-so-secret secret that I've been carrying around, waiting to get home so I can have a drink, going to a different liquor store each day so people don't see my problem... Budgeting strategically because I can't possibly give up this habit... It takes up so much space and time in my life, I haven't had to worry about anything else (or I've had an excuse not to) but have missed out on so much living. This problem is so immense.... I can hardly believe, that I could convince myself that it would be worth it to even drinj moderately, when this is the impact drinking has had on my life. Anyways... I'm ranting *sigh*
Old 06-12-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You sound fed up enough and ready enough to get sober, rant away and go for it. Try to imagine how fantastic you'll feel with a week under your belt. You can post on here and be proud as anything........ go on!
x
Old 06-12-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting to day 2! You don't HAVE to do this anymore.... you don't HAVE to look back 1, 2, 3, 4 years from now wishing that you stuck with it and dealt with the discomfort of getting clean. You don't HAVE to go through another day 2. Tomorrow can be your next and last day 3.

And remember.... this could be your last day 2 even if you drink/use again. Next time the consequence could be one that doesn't allow you another day 2.

Good luck and keep posting. We are here for you.

P.S. I bet you are pretty, you just don't see it right now because that's what your addiction wants.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Usedtobepretty, day 2 is just FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Alcohol came between me and my love life big time not to mention all the other people (friends and family) I isolated myself from for so long. It was a very lonely and very stressful existence. I finally decided I couldn't live like that anymore.

You can do this! You can do anything you put your mind and heart into.
It's tough at first but please lean on us for support. Try to take it one day or hour if thats all you can handle at a time. Before you know it you have a string of hours, days, weeks.
For me, after the first few months this sort of 'fog' lifted and I was able to look back and really see just how miserable I was and it was then that I really started to embrace sobriety. I can't believe I used to live like that! Best wishes for you on this new journey. You will never regret getting sober!
Old 06-12-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Fantastic on Day 2 ! It only gets better from here !

You CAN do this !

DD
Old 06-12-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day 2, usedtobepretty!
Old 06-12-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You are on your way--life really is fantastic sober.
I never imagined it, but it is true.

You will be free to be the wonderful person you are--partner, mother,
artist--the sky is the limit
Old 06-12-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Usedtobepretty congrats on day 2!
I am only in day 5 (..again), but hope springs eternal and I am determined to do this. Although, I must confess I am worried about the weekend. Seems that's when I usually cave into that little voice that tells me.. " go ahead, a few glasses of wine won't hurt." But it's always TOO many glasses...
Well, enough about me; I wish you well in your quest for sobriety. I will be thinking of you. Hang in there, we can do this. SR has been a Godsend for me, and I know you will receive great support here.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well done!
Old 06-12-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It was a huge relief to me when I finally got free of it. It was literally ruling my world 24/7. You are doing this, usedtobe - your new life is ready to begin.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

And who knows - I may be here again...
Not if you don't want to be - seriously

Commit to doing all that you can...anything instead of taking that first drink - whether it's AA or some other programme, or counselling, or seeing a Dr, or really plugging yourself in here and join some group threads?

Give it a try
D
Old 06-13-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 2 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!