Notices

Day 10

Old 06-10-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

Has anyone else struggled with their 10th day sober? Today has been really difficult- filled with cravings and a very short temperament! My drive home was really trying but I went and got my nails done instead of drinking. Any advice? It seems like the novelty/excitement of being sober has slightly worn off- need to keep focus!
Old 06-10-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lek

I am only in my 3rd day of no alcohol, so I'm looking up to you at 10 days

Keep at it!
Old 06-10-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some people have the 'pink cloud' experience and then kind of come back down to real life. I didn't have that happen to me because I was quite a mess, so my journey was slow but steady. I think getting your nails done was a great idea. It's breaking the habit of stopping for alcohol and treating yourself to something nice. You're doing great.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on day 10 and making it through a tough day. Do you follow a particular recovery plan of any kind? When things get rough, it's especially important to have an plan/support group to fall back on. SR can certainly be part of that plan, but local support like meetings or structured self help like AVRT can be invaluable.

You could be coming down from a "pink cloud" too....some feel amazing early on in sobriety, but then reality comes back into the picture. It's totally normal, just something you need to prepare for if it happens.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

For me the early days were by far the hardest i commend what your achieving today it might not feel like it but you are doing an amazing job

Keep on keeping on
Old 06-10-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'm still really feeling a lot of this out as I go. I have looked at potential meetings to attend, still up in the air about that- I have other tools to use from therapy. I have to say connecting with SR has been a huge help. My bf is really supportive as well. One day at a time, one foot in front of the others!
Keep up the great work- day 3 is great! Fill us in on how 4 feels
Old 06-10-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 days chickNB. This very subject has been on my mind this very Day. I know from past attempt's my resolve wanes in the day 10-15 area and I too am looking for a plan of action to resist. I'am not sure if it is really connected to my AV or not. It may be, maybe not.

Seems like it takes a matter of day's or a week to get back on track of "Waning Resolve" (my term for it anyway). With a crave it can come suddenly and be gone in a matter of hours or less. Thats why I dont feel we are dealing with the same things.

I too would be interested to hear what others have to say.

Oh, and its Day 4 for me.

DD
Old 06-11-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the rest of the week will be easier for you ChickNB

D
Old 06-11-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on double digits!

And, yes, days 8-11 were always danger zones for me. Doing what you just did and coming here on SR as soon as I started feeling in danger was a big part of my recovery plan this time. I got some great advice and was able to build some accountability to others at the same time.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, today was much easier thank goodness! Congrats on Day 4- when I hit day 4 it was a shock for me not to be creating a plan for my next binge. Tomorrow we have a graduation party in my family and it will be interesting. I will be DD so no one will question my not drinking, nor would anyone have issue with my not drinking, but as you have guessed- very unusual! Alas, no open bar for me. I am proud of being sober for 11 days. As of now I am not worried about tomorrow night. Also, God bless smart phones b/c I will be on SR ASAP if I need any help. you guys are the best. Keep on Trucking!
Old 06-12-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 12 wrapping up! Made it through the party just fine. Wishing good luck to everyone on keeping strong this weekend.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are doing great! We have a family party tomorrow after my son makes his Communion, and I will be the DD as well.:-)
Old 06-12-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
You are doing great! We have a family party tomorrow after my son makes his Communion, and I will be the DD as well.:-)
Touch base tomorrow and let us know how it goes. Congrats to your son
Old 06-13-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through ChickNB!!

My first few weeks were tough, but it does get better, hang in there!!
Old 06-13-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Keep pushing through ChickNB!!

My first few weeks were tough, but it does get better, hang in there!!
Thanks! It is Sunday here so I have officially hit day 14. Two weeks--what?? It is surprising even for me.
Delilah, how was your son's communion?
Old 06-13-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

FANTASTIC on 2 WEEKS !!! ChickNB ! Really pulling for you to make that 3 week mark !

Now that you are well into your early sobriety, does it feel like time speeds up for you? It does to me !

You CAN do this !

DD
Old 06-14-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Have you tried reading the book "Kick the Drink, Easily" by Jason Vale. This is the most powerful book I have ever read, it will teach you about getting the freedom you deserve
Old 06-14-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHS11 View Post
Have you tried reading the book "Kick the Drink, Easily" by Jason Vale. This is the most powerful book I have ever read, it will teach you about getting the freedom you deserve
I will definitely look into this- I am a total bibliophile, no question.
Dave, the past few days have gone by much quicker. I feel like the first 10 days were each 36 hours instead of 24 😊 what day are you on?