Notices

Cravings Galore

Old 06-09-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cravings Galore

With many more cravings than I've had lately !!!! The trigger; anxiety ... I actually took a public bus down to be evaluated to hopefully get an emergency pysch appointment.

Just so happens the place was ..... Near where all the unrest has been here in Baltihell.. Not the smartest decision I've made. But I didn't cave & went through w\ the evaluation. But regardless of the decision I think I'm going to stick closer to home.

The bus ride alone was nerve racking to the point that 8am as I stepped off the bus right in front of an open liquor store & instantly desired a double duce to calm my nerves. Which BTW wouldn't have looked out of place down there.

But I held firm & got an iced mocha frap & went to the waiting room. Where I noticed the lovely cliental. Mostly junkies I swear I saw looting on the news. Their conversations consisted of which doctors were easy to get scripts from.

So ummm yea that place is out LoL. Friday I'm going to speak to my general practitioner & hope he has a decent referral for me.

Dennis

My name is August West, and I love my Pearly Baker best more than my wine.
More than my wine - more than my maker, though he's no friend of mine.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Anxiety sucks, I deal with it every day. I was in therapy for about 3 months when I first quit, but thinking of going back for a refresher.

Every time you get a craving to drink but don't follow through, you get a little stronger. Keep it up!!
Old 06-09-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My anxiety often revolves around internal fears like what people will think of me. When this occurs I observe and feeling of anxiety and then logically analyze why I am afraid. In most instances so far I cannot explain what I fear.

It appears to reduce my anxiety. Might be worth a try.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
My anxiety often revolves around internal fears like what people will think of me. When this occurs I observe and feeling of anxiety and then logically analyze why I am afraid. In most instances so far I cannot explain what I fear.

It appears to reduce my anxiety. Might be worth a try.
I think I've read that somewhere. But I've tried & am willing to try anything. My anxiety has been so deep rooted I'm positive I need serious therapy. I remember very little of my childhood prior to age 16. But every memory that seems to show itself is of anxiety attacks LoL ...

So I'm sure if I can defeat that, the cravings will subside. I just chose the wrong place to look into ...

Dennis

Old 06-09-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're facing your fears Dennis.

D
Old 06-09-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad you're facing your fears Dennis.

D
To a point LoL not gonna happen any time soon & bad vibes from that place ... But I'm going above & beyond what I normally would for the help I need.

Dennis