Notices

Goals

Old 06-09-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Goals

Hi everyone. I'm currently on day 42 and doing really good mentally and physically. The AV does come around from time to time, but so far it's nothing that I can't handle.

Ever since I stopped drinking, I have found myself constantly writing various things on index cards throughout the workday. Things such as inspirational quotes or an updated current list of goals I have for myself. I am constantly updating my list of goals a few times each week, but each time so far the #1 goal is always to remain sober. I am just wondering if any of the wise long timers on here still have that as their #1 goal or does it fall down the list after having a lot of sobriety time under your belt? Almost as if it's gets easier so that you don't constantly have to be thinking about it? Anyway, I am just curious about it.

I hope everyone is doing good and having a great day.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

At just over 12 weeks, I'm no old timer, but I would be willing to bet that Staying Sober stays as the #1 goal for anyone here. The rest of our lives really hinges on it Glad to hear you are doing well and working towards ALL of your goals. I love having goal / to-do lists, it feels so good knowing what I'm working toward all the time.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi KeepTruckin. You are definitely right. I can't foresee a day where remaining sober isn't my #1 goal. It would be very dangerous for me if it weren't. Gotta stay alert and focused on it at all times.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been sober over five years, and yes, staying sober is my number one goal. Over time it's gotten easier to do that tho, and now it's not hard to dismiss any random thoughts of drinking which come up sometimes.

Good for you for 42 days sober!
Old 06-09-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sobriety remains my #1 goal at 2+ years, and it will probably maintain that position indefinitely

However, these days, I have many more goals in general than when I started out getting sober.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think that is an essential goal. Sobriety is needed first to achieve any subsequent goals you have. Good work!
Old 06-09-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It definitely makes sense for it to always remain the #1 goal because without it, there would be no way to honestly reach any other goals, for myself at least.