So scared for my son..prayers please

Old 06-07-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
suffering is not a requirement

Unhappy So scared for my son..prayers please

Hello it has been a while since I have been here. Can't get to a meeting right now and no one is available to talk to and I seriously need to talk. My son is addicted to pain killers he is injecting them..his drug of choice use to be heroin now it's oxycotin. he has be in active addiction since age 11 but didn't start heroin until around 2001..Which led me here to SR. To get to the point..For the past month he has been talking to me about how sick and tired he is of his addiction. He has taken suboxone to help with the cravings but his addiction calls him back. I have recently seen him and he has that death warmed over look again. In all honesty he does have a bad back and bad painful knees. He is 32 yrs old and using a cane . He has no job, no car therefore no medical benefits. I tried telling to apply for SSD..He won't. He just called me and told me he has been passing out..He refuses to go to the hospital because he knows they will find out about his addiction and blame it on that..I am screaming inside. He needs medical attention and refuses to go. His plan now is to go to his Dads (who is an active alcoholic) to try to get sober using suboxone. the reason he wants to go his dads is because he doesnt know anyone there where he can get opiates. I reminded him that being around his dad is not the healthiest environment either..His dad works but drinks from the time he gets home til he passes out..he also is an abusive drunk I reminded my son of that..that my son doesn't need that either. So my son said maybe he will ask his grandmother if he can stay with her..I am rooting for the grandmother who is 75 and one of the strongest ppl I know..She is tough. He is on a long waiting list for rehabs..unfortunately he has been in so many rehabs and has failed..they won't take him in immediately.. Anyhow I am asking for prayers. I am extremely worried about him. Thanks so much for letting me share and for being here.
Hugs to All,
Unique
Old 06-07-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You and your son have my prayers! God bless him. I am so sorry that you both are going through this.

I hope you can convince him to go to the doctor. If he wants to quit, it doesn't matter if the doctors find out, does it?

hugs.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"If he wants to quit, it doesn't matter if the doctors find out, does it?" To any sober person that makes perfect sense. I have tried to talk him into it.. Unfortunately, he is so mentally ill right now, He is not thinking clearly at all. Thankyou for your prayers.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awww, 'Nique, I am so sorry he just can't grab on to recovery and hang on for dear life.

He clearly is not thinking if he won't apply for medical assistance or go to his doctor when he is ill. But he's an adult and you can't make him do anything he refuses to do. Has he tried the Salvation Army rehab? They are fairly forgiving of past failures and don't cost anything.

Turning to family members for help is a rough go for the family member chosen, I really hope he will turn to where the "real" help is, the next rehab that will take him. Even asking his doctor to refer him to detox may help him for a while, anything is better than what he is doing today.

Big hugs from my heart to yours because I KNOW how hard this is for you and I pray he will find a better path soon.

Love you lots, 'Nique, we've walked this path together for a lot of years now.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's so good to see you.

I will be praying for your son. Sometimes all we can do is pray and wait.

It's the hardest place for us. I will be praying for you also.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

God bless you and your son. I am praying that he can find some help and peace.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your son. It is so hard on a parent's heart to watch them struggle.

The most difficult thing I have ever listened to from my son was "I'm dying and YOU are letting it happen". And he's right. As hard as it is to admit, I reached my limit. He has to want to live in order to do so. But it's hard. Really hard. Time will reveal more....it always does. I am lucky to know so many addicts in recovery. Their stories give me hope.

Take care of you.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers
"It's so good to see you."
(((MG))) It's good to see you too <3

I have been talking to his gf today and she informed me he is a lot sicker than I even knew...Aside from his back and knees, and passing out.. he is having problems with his stomach, liver and kidneys..I hate to say it but I have to..He has two choices ..get help or die. His GF and her family are try to talk him into going to the hospital..(not much luck so far) If he can't or won't get help himself..I am considering Crisis Intervention and hopefully having him commited because he is a danger to himself.

"Has he tried the Salvation Army rehab? They are fairly forgiving of past failures and don't cost anything. "
(((ANN))) thank you that is the first I have heard of that and def..will be looking into that
I am putting my trust in God that he will guide all of us through this.
I feel he is knocking on deaths door, and I feel like I have to do everything possible to save his life. I won"t be able to rest easy until I do. I want you all to know Everyone at SR have been in my prayers every night since I've joined.
Hugs and love to all
Unique
Old 06-08-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just got a message from his GF that he is packing his bags and is willing to go to the hospital!!! Oh Praise God!! and thank you for your prayers..I will keep you all posted
Old 06-08-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am so glad to hear this 'unique'... I will continue to keep him in my prayers.. my heart was really moved last night, while praying for your son. I understand doing all you can to save his life.. he is your child.

hugs, and prayers.
chicory
Old 06-08-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Glad he is going to get help.

If someone is a danger to themselves, you can always dial 911 and ask for a Crisis Intervention Officer (I've read). Or you can call Adult Protective Services. Good luck to you and your son.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's really good news.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Praise God, sending prayers for your son and YOU!
TT
Old 06-10-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I just wanted to provide another endorsement for the Salvation Army Adult Rehab Centers. They are excellent. I had the opportunity to volunteer at a SA-ARC for a couple of years. I met many of the men in the program and worked with their families. They provide a very intensive program that includes work therapy, individual therapy, group therapy, anger management, etc. Phase One of the program is six months but they will work with the individual for up to two years through Phase Two and Phase Three to get them to integrate back into the work force and society. And all of this......at no cost.

For those without the financial resources to afford $50,000+ for long term rehab and therapy, the Salvation Army provides an excellent "no cost" alternative. These services are supported by the Salvation Army stores (through donations) and the red kettle drives at Christmas.

My son is an alumnus......and yes....he relapsed. However, I still believe in the program because I have witnessed so many who have been helped. It also provides me with tremendous peace because I know that my son knows where he can go to get help should he ever decide to pursue it.

Continued prayers for your son and for you as well.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That is good news and shows willingness on his part. I am keeping him in my prayers.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your son.