this chick still has it!!

Old 06-05-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

this chick still has it!!

Hey guys!! The Eagles performed last night. An old friend invited me to go with her. I almost didn't go. I am so glad i did. I ran into an old flame and we talked all night. He asked me out. But with all this stuff going on with my momma , i didn't know if i should go. Well.... my mom's hubby knows him and invited him over for dinner tonight! So.... lol. Oh my... i am nervous. Lol. BTW. He is not an addict. :-)
Old 06-05-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I don't think your mom's illness means you can't go on a date. My bigger concern would be whether you're emotionally ready for it. If you are sure you are, then go for it. I'd just take it very, VERY slow. Between the recent breakup and your mom's illness your emotions are kind of all over the place right now.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks hon. I appreciate the words of wisdom. We are having a cookout tonight. We will see how it goes. Thanks again. Baby steps...
Old 06-05-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

BTW, how were the Eagles? They are playing here in Atlantic City, but I'm going up to NYC to see U2 the very next day so I think I need to pass. I saw them back when I was in college, and to the best of my recollection (lol, I used to get pretty wasted at concerts) it was a good show.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

They were great! Still got it going on! I admit, i had a few. But man.u2? I am jealous!!! That would be so fun. I used to live in NYC, my favorite city ever!!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daydreamer0217 View Post

BTW. He is not an addict. :-)
After dating a few Ladies in the Program, I found out that it's kind of nice dating normies. Actually, I married one. Her drama level is very, very low.

Have fun.

MM
Old 06-05-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
BTW, how were the Eagles? They are playing here in Atlantic City, but I'm going up to NYC to see U2 the very next day so I think I need to pass. I saw them back when I was in college, and to the best of my recollection (lol, I used to get pretty wasted at concerts) it was a good show.
I LOVE the Eagles and am going to Chicago to see U2 later this month! 😀
Old 06-05-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You bagged a normie! Oh, you lucky puppy! Have a lovely time! Even if you decide that there are no "sparks" it's just nice to have someone to talk to.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Eagles - My sis just went to see them last weekend and they all still rocked it pushing 70!

Echoing everyone else here - proceed with caution, and HAVE FUN!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by daydreamer0217 View Post
But man.u2? I am jealous!!! That would be so fun. I used to live in NYC, my favorite city ever!!
LOL, I don't EVEN want to tell you what kind of seat I got. I hit the "search" button the SECOND tickets went on sale. I didn't want to be on the floor--Madison Square Garden is SO huge I figured I'd get a better view from the seats. I'm front row, first tier, halfway down the arena.

I don't know if Bono's back to playing yet after his accident, but there's nothing wrong with his vocal cords.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm going up to NYC to see U2 the very next day
Ohh, they are so good, I've seen them twice in concert - once long ago in Albany, NY, had to get tickets from a scalper lol - and once in L.A. as an incredible surprise birthday present. Have a great time!
Old 06-06-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hey guys well, we had a nice time. ate some burgers at the cookout, he got to catch up with momma for a while. it was nice an afterwards we went for a walk, momma lives right across the street from a park. and then he went home. it was nice to catch up. I think I have made a new friend, and I like friends. so... thanks all. and Lexie, DAMN good seats!!! have fun girl