Notices

Trying again

Old 06-05-2015, 01:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying again

since i was here last, I was sober for 7 months, then off and on.

I ended up getting really bad on the "ons" but nothing was affecting my real life, I was still a functional work drunk, got a house, etc.

over the past year, it has gone down hill so fast, so fast. I did the outpatient rehab and it didn't do anything.

everyone says get a sponsor but that is intimidating. don't you have to know someone for longer than a few meetings for sponsorship? what if I choose someone who makes the whole thing worse? I literally choose the worst people to be in my life, not on purpose.....

Everyone tells me I am the kind of person that needs direction with a program and I believe a guide would be exactly what i need, I just don't know how to do that.

anyway, i drinking has gotten me to my new bottom again after a new six months of sober and I am just tired.

Appreciate your time and help
Old 06-05-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We are/ have gone through the same thing! Being sick and tired of being sick and tired! Well the only solution that most of us have found is totally abstaining!

The withdrawals can be murder at first but you just have to get through the initial bit but I promise you that if you are willing to be uncomfortable for just a little short while the benefits are soo worth it!

We are here for you! Anytime you post on here you will get a response and help if you need it! I'm rooting for you! :-D
Old 06-05-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back corockies

I'm not in AA but I'm sure the process of asking folks to be your sponsor is not meant to be intimidating.

Personally, I think a good way to look at it is to consider you'll be helping your sponsor as much as they'll be helping you

Other members with direct AA experience will be along soon I'm sure

D
Old 06-05-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As far as having a program! You just have to find what works for you! AA is not for everyone and is NOT the only way to remain sober! I initially started going to meetings but due to my schedule at my new job I find that I just couldn't make it work with my two kids at home so I solely come on here and talk to other alcoholics

Trial and error! Whatever it is that you choose you must have some sort of plan in mind!
Old 06-05-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yazzylove View Post
As far as having a program! You just have to find what works for you! AA is not for everyone and is NOT the only way to remain sober! I initially started going to meetings but due to my schedule at my new job I find that I just couldn't make it work with my two kids at home so I solely come on here and talk to other alcoholics

Trial and error! Whatever it is that you choose you must have some sort of plan in mind!
that it is awesome for you, you have your higher power and family.