Notices

Unspeakable cruelty

Old 06-02-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unspeakable cruelty

I got a FedEx package today. I generally don't get that many, but enough to know how to read the packing material. It was from a company in Massachusetts that I never heard of. I thought it may be a business related matter concerning my own business.

It turned out to be from my brother who lives in Rhode Island, but is only about a mile from the Mass border. It contained pictures of his son's wedding on Saturday. Lots of pics of him and his GF and his 4 kids etc. I was to have attended this event, until I was dis-invited by my nephew due to the strained relations I have with his father.

A note was attached and it stated how he had his kids and his GF and he didn't need me. Also that I would never know the joy of having my own children like he has. It was just a stab in my heart. It was so very deliberately cruel.

Once again, I have turned to drink for solace. It sux. I am a weenie.

I keep editing this post. I feel like a weenie because there are many here that have problems and issues are so much worse than my own and they stay sober.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry about what you are going trough.

If I may say, hurting yourself by drinking, for someone so childish to send you a box of pictures is only accomplishing what he probably wants.

You deserve better, you are a great person. I read your posts and see you are a gentle soul.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! Just Wow! I'm sorry! He is obviously very, very sick.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

ArtFriend that truly sucks but don't let them win twice. If they (he) wants to indulge in such a mindless act of spite then you have no control over that . But you don't need to punish yourself by drinking ArtFriend

The note said he didn't need you, well you certainly don't need him, only a real loser would go to that much trouble to hurt someone

Please stay sober and be a winner AF
Old 06-02-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is a rotten thing he did, AF. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.

Please don't drink any more over this rotten behavior. It is all his. He is entirely responsible for that immaturity. Don't take on his anger and hate.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sorry this happened to you, dear ArtFriend. I think it's time you radically accepted the fact that your family is just not very kind to each other. It's very sad but you have to move on before this kills you. I care.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The other thing he mentioned in the note (and had before too) is that he wonders how I manage to get up in the morning and function, because what do I have to live for? He has said in the past that if he didn't have his kids he would check out. Ironically, he is checking out by drinking on a bum ticker and I am trying to stay straight.... but, not very well I might add.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys! I honestly mean that... you all have given me more support than my family ever dreamed of.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, unspeakable cruelty from an apparently very disturbed man.

I am so very sorry, ArtFriend.

Please stop drinking; your brother won't care if you harm yourself but we will. Listen to your SR family - WE CARE.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

If that is the type of person he is, it is sad he reproduced. The world doesn't need 2 of him.

There are a million reasons to drink but no good ones. When we take alcohol off the table we come up with other solutions
Old 06-02-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I KNOW I need to quit drinking... really. There is a disconnect between knowing and doing. You guys... I need more help I think. I wish I could somehow take all of you and distill your goodness and inject it into my veins. I will be taking to my therapist tomorrow about this and maybe getting into a substance abuse program. I f***ing cannot believe I am at this point.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

He sounds like the north end of a south bound cow. Drinking's not gonna help the situation though. It'll only make it worse.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's awful.I had something like that happen to me but not nearly as cruel.What I did was sever all ties to the person for 11 years..I said to myself f him and went along my way.We don't need people like that in our lives.As far as drinking,I can comment on this because I am a professional drunk...your using that as an excuse if not that then something else would come up in time..get back on it bro......Also send him a pic with the finger just your hand ,,,,,,,,,in a big fedex box.thats just me
Old 06-02-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
He sounds like the north end of a south bound cow. Drinking's not gonna help the situation though. It'll only make it worse.
Sorry...what does that mean? And you are right...drinkign won't help
Old 06-02-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

no return address or name
Old 06-02-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

For your own self preservation please go no contact, AF.

I thought it would be a loss, but it turned out to be a great freedom...much like recovery was, come to think of it

Rather than being alone I discovered my true family were the people I chose to be kin to.

and...please stop compounding the cruelty by drinking.

there's absolutely no reason for you to be cruel to yourself.

D
Old 06-02-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sounds like he got drunk and did something mean and vindictive to prop up his son dis-inviting you.

Hurting yourself is NOT justified.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Sorry...what does that mean? And you are right...drinkign won't help
An ***hole.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Dee... I have gone no contact and that is why he is being a jerk. Had I known that package was from him, I would not have opened it.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Sounds like he got drunk and did something mean and vindictive to prop up his son dis-inviting you.

Hurting yourself is NOT justified.
Do you know my bro? you have him pegged.