Notices

The most incredible craving

Old 05-31-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The most incredible craving

Today is my 49th.....7 weeks.....it's a record....hand down. So its a nice day and a friend came over to help me w some home projects and told me about his hangover on Saturday from Friday night......cause Friday night he was shrugging off his bad day and got carried away. All the sudden I started thinking about beer.....I ended up taking this guy to the grocery store cause he doesn't have a car. I knew I was craving beer.....I decided to get some Canada diet raspberry ginger ale......thinking the carbonation will soothe me.......the grocery store sells it......I was debating whether or not I should go in .......I went in and got the soda......I waited in my car for my friend.....as soon as I got home I pop the bottle.......I'm going on my 3rd glass.......I've been thinking about how I could have handled this better.......next time I'm still going in that store but im getting regular soda .....because what is beer but liquid sugar? I'm gonna try the next I get thirsty. Thanks for reading.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I forgot to say....that the grocery store sells beer.....that was the challenge.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Seems like you handled it just fine, Debbie. Good job on getting through that!
Old 05-31-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You did great Debbie.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Debbie - what else are you doing to stay sober ? Did you speak with your doctor ? There are many medications that help with cravings etc., I know I needed them to supplement my recovery... Good luck and you did great !
Old 05-31-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi TG......I'm taking Prozac and a mood stabilizer..... I didn't know there were drugs to help w cravings until just this week.....I have an appt w my doctor on the 24th......I'm going to bring that up. To stay sober I come on here, I read, I'm working more, I have lunch w friends, I just planted flowers and made some interesting food ...... I need to exercise and socialize more .......I'm approaching my recovery as the only thing that really matters outside of shelter is staying sober. I did have a power craving today.......1st strong one actually......but I thought it through......I'd drink 3 beers....be wasted and sleepy.....take a nap and wake up dehydrated......that's not very much fun. As it turns out I made myself dinner and did some work. So I'm still sober thank god! I have this thought .....being sober helps me to face things I don't want to face.......as far as I know no one is gonna die.....so it's not so bad.