Notices

2 weeks

Old 05-31-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks

So on day 15 without alcohol. Just thinking about it, it's not nice to wake up like a nervous wreck fearing everything and anything or end up doing stupid s**t.

Each of the times I've drank, I've felt a wave of depression with the drinking. Propably due to the thought that I was at nearly 2 years sober before the drinking, and during those two years I still felt unhappy and suffered from a brain fog kind of thing. I don't want to sound negative, but the feeling is that I now have a black belt at wasting time and suffering without pay. My sobriety didn't alone yet fix things for me so that I could do things.

Alcohol is not the answer to anything, and if anything, it's the worst thing to do. Far better to live sober... Anyway... 2 weeks, feel clearer and better which is very good. Onwards...
Old 05-31-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've found exercise like riding my bike has been very helpful in improving my mood, or doing things for other people. (my .02 cents for what it's worth)
Old 05-31-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 2 weeks Unix, you've come a long way. It does take some time to undo the damage we've done to our bodies, but also remember that most of us have underlying conditions rhat can be treated once the alchol is out of the equation. Depression & anxiety for example can lurk in the background for years, we try and mask them with alcohol yet that just makes them worse. I guess what I'm saying is give it some time but also consider seeing a doctor or therapist if the fog never lifts....most of those conditions are very treatable.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

2 weeks is awesome unix!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You're doing well Unibix. Congratulations on two weeks
Old 05-31-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks.
Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
It does take some time to undo the damage we've done to our bodies, but also remember that most of us have underlying conditions rhat can be treated once the alchol is out of the equation. Depression & anxiety for example can lurk in the background for years, we try and mask them with alcohol yet that just makes them worse. I guess what I'm saying is give it some time but also consider seeing a doctor or therapist if the fog never lifts....most of those conditions are very treatable.
Yeah and thanks for the advice. Exercise is always useful and of course finding underlying conditions if there are conditions that can be pinpointed and given a name. At least I've dropped caffeine and the cigs.

Thanks again for the replies.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

2 Weeks is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

2 weeks is great unixBer - good stuff

D
Old 06-01-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two weeks sober!