Notices

The benefits of only THREE days!

Old 05-28-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The benefits of only THREE days!

I'm only three days in to my mission:

If I'm going to be honest on the first day I thought it was a stupid waste of time that would inevitably end in failure and I'd feel sorry for starting. But second day I found this place and just talking to a few people has completely changed everything.

Someone on the chat page convinced me it was a good idea to confide in someone at work. Who told me I hadn't been as good at covering it up as I thought I was... oops. But what a relief.

Since then there have been so many little wins. Last night I went for a walk that didn't end at the pub, didn't know you could do that!

The one I just noticed was my habit of talking to the ground, or away from someone. I was in the middle of a work conversation and remembered that I didn't need to talk to the floor to try and stop them smelling my breath! It sounds like a small thing but it was my favorite one so far, well maybe second behind the lack of brutal hangovers lol.

Have a nice day everyone! I might dig out my old juggling stuff and go to the park this evening... this is a very odd time for me
Old 05-28-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on three days! Though I wouldn't call it "only" three days. One day is huge.

Glad you confided in someone. It's amazing how stealthy I thought I was being in my drinking when in reality nearly everyone knew exactly what was going on.

Sobriety and juggling sounds like a great idea. Much safer than drinking and juggling chainsaws, which is how I often felt the day after a binge.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck, Sparkz. I'd like to hear more about little wins.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can relate so much to this! Day 3 here too!!! Thanks for posting... This has cheered me up like anything
Old 05-28-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Drunken chainsaw juggling would probably be one hell of a show . Yea I though I was master of stealth, apparently breath mints and loudly bemoaning that days pollen count as you walk in the door doesn't fool anyone lol!

Thank you Girlie and Cursed! I think one day I'll start a post called "Little wins" ... things you never expected that made your day.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are going well sparkz.

I'm actually not an adherent of confiding in someone at work.
That can get messy sometimes.
I hope you chose wisely.

D
Old 05-28-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, those little wins are wonderful sparksz. I can relate to much of what you said. It feels so great to get free of it.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know what you mean about work but I think I'm OK here. Her job sort of fits in with helping me, I trust her and there is a big age gap so were not like peers or anything. Only time will tell I guess.

I love my little wins. You know the new one I noticed? I'm not in a rush anymore. The last few days I've just been getting things done in my own time. I don't have to get things done as quickly as possible to get out drinking. I'm finishing work on time rather than making excuses to leave early too.

I've also lost the need for my amazing skill off being able to look at my watch and instantly know how long it is till last orders lol.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

3 Days is fantastic Sparkz!! Keep it going!!
Old 05-29-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
pretty much the coolest ever

wow, awesome! good job, keep it up!