my momma got bad news yesterday

Old 05-27-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my momma got bad news yesterday

My momma has lung cancer. She has multiple tumors and without getting into all the details, the dr. Talked to us about quality of living. Basically there is nothing they can do. AXB and i talked yesterday. I just do not have it in me to go into it right now. But i can say he could care less. The conversation was all about him and how bad of a person i am. Boy, i am so lucky to have such great support. Huh? He never fails to disappoint me. Anyway. Thanks all for listening. I am in complete shock about my momma. She is my best friend.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm so sorry about your mom, daydreamer. I'm so glad you don't have to put up with nonsense from the ex while you are focusing on your mom's well-being. He CANNOT support you through this, and you will only find more hurt and disappointment if you turn to him for comfort.

Quality of living is SO important. For your mom, and for you, too. Make sure you take care of YOU, so you can do the best job of taking care of her. This CAN be a time for you to make lasting memories, and for your mom to be able to go in peace, feeling loved. Really, that's all any of us can ask for. Life is too short, and this can be a special time for both of you.

Hugs and prayers,
Old 05-27-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom daydreamer. This must be such a hard time for you. I hope you can find other people to support you through it.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. I have a wonderful support system. Thanks guys
Old 05-27-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Daydreamer I am SO sorry. I lost my beloved Mom to lung cancer 5 years ago. The diagnose was the same thing... quality of life was most important, no chemo, it had already spread (to brain!). She was my best friend, also. We were SO close. I was with her every single day up until the end. She told me she was ready and we did a fist bump. She died within 3 days. Godspeed, my friend.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I lost my step dad a couple of years ago to cancer; it is heart breaking.

I had had a similar want to connect with someone for my own intimate support. Unfortunately, that man couldn't give it to me. Nothin like a crisis to prove to me once and for all the truth of who someone is. See..... I deserved someone to be there for me; I settled for someone who couldn't because I just couldn't fathom doing it alone. I couldn't handle going through such a life changing event alone....

But I was alone anyways....
Except for other family. Lots of support came from the woodworks. I pray your journey through this is blessed and that your mom is able to carry through with as much joy as possible.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
we did a fist bump. She died within 3 days.
Just before my mom lost consciousness for the last time, we thumb-wrestled. It was something we did in church when I was a kid, under my dad's disapproving glares. The more he glared, the more we giggled. I still smile when I think of it, and I'm happy she was thinking of those kinds of memories at the end, too.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, what devastating news. (((((((((hugs))))))))) & prayers!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Daydreamer, I'm so sorry about your Mom. Please take care and be strong for her AND yourself during this most difficult time. Hugs and prayers.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am so sorry daydreamer
Lexie said it perfectly.. this time is for your mom and you, to be together, without any negative from anyone else.
Our thoughts are with you... and we are always here to talk and support you.

(don't worry about what the ex is or isn't.. he doesn't really matter here..)

hugs
chicory
Old 05-27-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So very sorry to hear of your sad news. ((hugs)) prayers of strength for the both of you.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My dad has brain cancer - it is SO difficult. I hope you have good family and friends to band together with and lean on....and find some time to be good to yourself. This crap is life changing. Sending you (((HUGS)))
Old 05-27-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am so sorry.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry for this shocking news. Please know I am sending you hugs hugs, you are in my heart!

XXX
Old 05-28-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks all. So much. I go home to South Dakota tomorrow. Momma is going to be in shock when she sees me. I have a new tattoo that she has not seen yet. She hates tattoos. Lol. Thanks for the support. Much love