Notices

Overwhelmed

Old 05-25-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Overwhelmed

I have had the worst day and all I want is a drink. It's always my first thought when things get tough. Just had a huge fight with my husband because I missed my plane. He's makes everything such a big deal and in the process makes me feel completely worthless
Old 05-25-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are not worthless. I've been there with the husband and the arguments. It's so painful dealing with it but drinking will not make it any better. I'll show you, I'll hurt me! To grind that feeling away. If you drink it'll still be there and you will feel worse. Coming here was a great idea! I post and read. I swear and punch a pillow. I text and vent.

You can get through this! Hugs. You are stronger than this. Even if you don't want to be.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Charliee - but even the best of us can miss a plane

I'm really glad you didn't drink over this.

D
Old 05-25-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

makes me feel completely worthless
I think it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Charliee, glad you went with your second thought and came in here instead of drinking. That shows you're on the right track with your recovery. You know that drinking will only make today (and tomorrow) worse. We've all missed a plane at some point. Good news is there are planes every day. Wishing you the best and hope you'll check in often!
  # 6 (permalink)  

Miss a plane? ....that's minor.....I stopped a plane from taking off at Chicago Ohara......in 2007.....I'm lucky they didn't throw me in jail.....was I drinking ? Yes. I insisted they bring the plane back to the gate cause I wasn't sitting on the Tarmac........waiting for the thunderstorms to clear......what a fiasco. The cops came....the passengers booed me and said I was selfish......omg....this is why I shouldn't drink.
  # 7 (permalink)  

Explain to your husband most airlines keep more than one plane, so another one will be leaving soon. It's not the end of the world.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Charliee, I hope you don't allow anyone to make you feel less than.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A drink won't make anything better. That's always the first idea that pops in my head too when things aren't going right but coming here and posting was a way better idea. You'll be glad when you wake up tomorrow that you didn't drink and wake up hungover
Old 05-25-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well I leave in the morning and will have a 2 hour layover before going home. I'm alone, by myself...in an airport, with anxiety about home and I'm kinda nervous about staying strong, I know I will have an opportunity to drink. Kinda just hoping everything will be closed
Old 05-25-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay connected here Charliee. Drinking won't make anything better and it;s likely to make things much much worse...

D
Old 05-25-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in there Charliee, take a walk through a newsstand, maybe get something to read. Anything to take your mind off drinking?
Old 05-25-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Spend some time walking around the airport. You will get some exercise and it's interesting people watching. It might help with the anxiety and take your mind off drinking. Or go to a gate with a lot of people and see if you can find someone to strike up a conversation with. If nothing else, you will be around other people and know that many of them in the crowd are probably struggling with the same thing. you are. I know flying is stressful even under the best conditions but you can stay strong. We are there with you in spirit, Charlie. Hang in there!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Good morning Charliee. How are you doing today? Did you make it safely home?