Notices

Need help

Old 05-24-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help

Hi, I'm 21m I weigh 230 lbs, I'm solid no fat, don't run but hit the weights hard, built like a brick shithouse, but I need help for the past month I have consumed almost a fifth of vodka a night. I went through some bad stuff and I feel I'm addicted. I feel I need it, more then I want it and now, its like its normal, I don't get drunk **** not even tipsey, I function as if know one would know, I just need help. Bye
Old 05-24-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't post and run Big Red - you'll find a lot of support here

If you've only been drinking hard for a month chances are pretty good you'll be able to put this behind you.

Do you feel you can deal with whatever the bad stuff is now, sober?

D
Old 05-24-2015, 01:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hello and welcome bigred ,

Lots of encouragement and experience here , I hope you join in to get the max out of it

Take care , m
Old 05-24-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome.
I became concerned when I started to drink and unfortunately waited too long to attend to it. Alcohol is powerful, cunning, baffling, insidious and just takes and takes, our souls, families, jobs, wishes and on and on.
Hopefully you will read a lot of posts here for an idea of how you can handle this ailment as there are many examples to learn from.

Even though society does a lot of consuming of alcohol it is not a health drink in any way.

BE WELL
Old 05-24-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum!

You will notice that Alcohol abuse doesn't discriminate, some here are marathon runners, weight lifters like you. In the face of this cunning addiction, we are all the same.

Glad you found us
Old 05-24-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

big red,My story started out like yours.Started lifting at 17 at a hardcore gym,was 225 and ripped from around 20 until 30 or so.Always drank a bunch but functioned.Slowly the booze got hold of me more and more over the years and it probably will to you also.Stopped going to the gym 10 years ago booze was running the show stopped everything 2 years ago.For the last 6 months I was consuming a liter a day and able to function,not drive.Got down to 180# and looked like walking death and wanted to die most of the time.Went to rehab 2x ....2nd time seems to have done the trick sober 46 days now and feeling the best I have since I was 14.....Back to the gym up to 21o and feeling awesome.....many other bad things happened along the way.....fam,job,friends...I said **** you to them ....now mending those issues.I am telling you this so you know what can happen to you if you don't fix yourself,get help now,your young enough ,don't go thru the horror that I went thru and put other people thru.....This thing is so strong almost dying a few times didn't stop me....good luck..get help today
Old 05-24-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!