8/25 - A Thought for Today

Old 08-25-2004, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

8/25 - A Thought for Today

Today I will let go of procrastination. I will take a look at why I put off responsibilities and how I can change this behavior. Do I feel that I won't do certain tasks well enough or that they're too over-whelming? Do I set specific standards for myself and then fail because Ive set them too high? Do I expect perfection from myself and then put off what I fear will be imperfect? As long as I accomplish my tasks to the best of my ability, I will succeed. I can jump in with both feet when necessary and feel proud that I at least started what I needed to do. Nothing can ever be completed without starting it first.

When I procrastinate, I will never get where I need to go, and eventually I will become overwhelmed and buried underneath all the things I refused to start.

Today I will let go of the desire to put off what needs to be done now.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello,I am Kit from London. Procrastination is one thing my H is good at. He cannot get anything done when I want to get it done. Always has to be on his time table. Never do what I want,because H is not ready to do it.
So its hard to put this into effect; Today I will let go of procrastination. I will take a look at why I put off responsibilities and how I can change this behavior. How can you change something that some one else sets the standards for your life? Seems to be an impossible task!
Can you please tell me where there is any good AlAnon meeting here in the UK? Seems harder to find,then what it is in America. I have phoned several different places and they give me addresses of meetings that are to far away. Need help,but can't find it here. Your website is the closest I have come to finding help. Hope you have some ideas. Thanks.
Oh,my H has drank for many years. It has recently gotten worse. He stays out late most nights. Has admitted to a one night stand. Tart from the local pub,who has fancied him for donkey years,finally got her way. H was drunk and he can't say,'NO' to sex on two legs,of the female kind! See what I have to put up with? Really stressful and all I get done is cry and smoke. Don't want a divorce,but don't want H :beerchug: :beerchug: with the local tart,either!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My daugher as a small child would always tell me "You're not the boss of me". And I would tell you that he is not the boss of you. He can't set the standards for your life. You must. That is what you have control of. Accepting that and recognizing the responsibility to yourself might make it easier to make the decision of staying or going. I know its really hard. I'm working through that decision myself.

Hopefully, someone here at SR can give you some Al-anon info for London. It really does help.

Live Strong
Old 08-25-2004, 11:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Kit -
Welcome to SR. There's a lot of info and wisdom here. Hope you stick around and read and post. It helps to know that you're not alone in all of this.
Glad you're here.
L
Old 08-25-2004, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey kittykat - welcome - this is a great place! we are all here to listen, support, laugh, cry and help one another.

hopefully someone can help you with the al-anon meeting problem.

cwohio