Notices

has anyone else here been on house arrest

Old 05-23-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

has anyone else here been on house arrest

I had to do jail for while which was very bad but at least your not hiding anything in there. The ankle bracelet was just another reason to be ashamed of drinking. I have had it off for a month and have stayed with my sobriety. one of my colleagues unknowingly offered me a drink the day it was removed, it was a test I past. I was worried about having my freedom back thinking I would relapse but I just think about how it has screwed me up so much already. Financially mentally ect. On the plus side I have saved about 2 months pay in the last 5 months something that was unimaginable last year. I must say I am not missing anything about drinking. It never gave me anything, but consumed everything. has anyone here taken positives from these negative things such as dui or jail time
Old 05-23-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad all that is behind you kernelsand3rs88

D
Old 05-23-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've never done jail or had a DUI, but definitely have been through some trying times. It's hard to say whether they helped or hurt me more. I'm really not sure.

I do know I'm a stronger individual for it, and that's without question. Whether or not it truly helped in the long run of things, or hurt me more, I really don't know the answer.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kernalsand3rs88 View Post
I had to do jail for while which was very bad but at least your not hiding anything in there. The ankle bracelet was just another reason to be ashamed of drinking. I have had it off for a month and have stayed with my sobriety. one of my colleagues unknowingly offered me a drink the day it was removed, it was a test I passed. I was worried about having my freedom back thinking I would relapse but I just think about how it has screwed me up so much already. Financially mentally ect. On the plus side I have saved about 2 months pay in the last 5 months something that was unimaginable last year. I must say I am not missing anything about drinking. It never gave me anything, but consumed everything. has anyone here taken positives from these negative things such as dui or jail time
You are more extrordanary than you know. What you have written above is the only thing anybody needs to know about alcoholo consumption. It just makes no sense on a logical level. Unfortunately it's an emotional problem for me....your post made me realise that.

House arrest? No. But I have been arrested in nearly every country I've visited. Except one. Well that one exception I did have a broken heart but it was nothing to do with alcohol.....oh wait....it did. Alcohol was the exact reason....

House arrest....no.......remand in my own country....that was ****. my family didn't want to bail me out. I mixed shoulders with......they asked me what the hell was i doing there....indeed.

Shall I reveal something? I visited the US!!! I drank.....they arreste me.....they kicked my bloody ass.... I think there is a pattern..;
Old 05-23-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ever get the" feelin you've be"en cheated...

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
I've never done jail or had a DUI, but definitely have been through some trying times. It's hard to say whether they helped or hurt me more. I'm really not sure.

I do know I'm a stronger individual for it, and that's without question. Whether or not it truly helped in the long run of things, or hurt me more, I really don't know the answer.
you've not done jail, you've not lived

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K3uAlyNL5o
Old 05-23-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

No jail or DUI for me kernal but I did suffer in every other way, wife divorcing me , financially and poor health. So I would say yes I definition take positives out of negatives.

Congratulations on 5 months. Way to go
Old 05-23-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

really

[QUOTE=TheCrimsonKing;5385191]

JAIL sucks but it is a life experience not a good one but definitely an experience it's like that drug you tried once and knew you would never try that again
Old 05-23-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
No jail or DUI for me kernal but I did suffer in every other way, wife divorcing me , financially and poor health. So I would say yes I definition take positives out of negatives.

Congratulations on 5 months. Way to go
Thanks it's been a challenge but anything worth doing is or so they say
Old 05-23-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

3 DUI's and some jail here. It was looking like at least 95 days in jail but ended up being only 7. It will likely be 6-12 months if there is another one.

Yes, I would say it did me good. I have not had a drink since being bailed out of my last one and that was years ago. I already had it in my mind to quit and had tried but losing my freedom really helped me decide to do it at all costs. Sitting there for 3 days in what was essentially solitary confinement with nothing to do but think. And all I could think was "And for what? " There hadn't even been any joyful or fun times for years.

I had a lot of legal bills and fines went I got sober and like you, I really noticed that extra $500 a month I now had. It created more motivation as well.

To be honest, my last DUI was a joke but I'm now glad I got it. They did me a favor.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by buk1000 View Post
3 DUI's and some jail here. It was looking like at least 95 days in jail but ended up being only 7. It will likely be 6-12 months if there is another one.

Yes, I would say it did me good. I have not had a drink since being bailed out of my last one and that was years ago. I already had it in my mind to quit and had tried but losing my freedom really helped me decide to do it at all costs. Sitting there for 3 days in what was essentially solitary confinement with nothing to do but think. And all I could think was "And for what? " There hadn't even been any joyful or fun times for years.

I had a lot of legal bills and fines went I got sober and like you, I really noticed that extra $500 a month I now had. It created more motivation as well.

To be honest, my last DUI was a joke but I'm now glad I got it. They did me a favor.
I wish I had solitary I got 10 days in a effin 16 man cell where the noise level could break glass I almost lost my sanity. I did meet some interesting people there. I ain't going back. They will never take me alive.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That sounds horrible.

I spent my last 4 days in the minimum security side where we each had our own room and could come and go as we pleased. Met some great people and played basketball and pinochle all day long. It's a testament to how crappy my life outside of jail was at that time that I tried to see if I could visit the first weekend after I got out just so I could hang out and play cards with the guys again.

Like you, I'm never going back.