Notices

Bleh

Old 05-22-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bleh

I got a letter the other day, it was from the Heath Professions Council. It was in regards to my theft of a bottle of wine in August last year. Basically they are not gonna remove me from the register and they are gonna let me do a return to practice. Couldn't believe it. Was for sure I was gonna get struck off or something. THey took note of my mitigating circumstances (depression) and the fact I wasn't praacticing at the time and deemed it ok.

I've spent the last several months sick with worry about it. Ive drank more than an elephant could cope with, litre upon litre. Just before xmas I was as near to topping myself as I had ever been. I was almost waiting for them to tell me I couldn't continue, planning my own death.

I know it's not what you are but who you are, but this is part of my identity. My peers are doing their masters and buying ******* boats in Hong Kong and Ive spent the last three years sitting in my own **** and vomit in some dank ******** in a forgotten **** corner of England. I was far more talented and capable than them too. Now I do sound like an arse, but they are bigger arses and it blows. I'm having nightmares about it and dream about it.

Yeh I sound like a right plonker now. I know there's people here that have wasted a lot more. I guess I'm struggling to look forward.

Ive just drank so much I wonder if ill get out you know? I know people have here. I'm gonna post this bullocks too this time.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I need to put the drink down or I'm wasting your time. I'm planing to come back soon. See you then.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I got a letter the other day, it was from the Heath Professions Council. It was in regards to my theft of a bottle of wine in August last year. Basically they are not gonna remove me from the register and they are gonna let me do a return to practice. Couldn't believe it. Was for sure I was gonna get struck off or something. THey took note of my mitigating circumstances (depression) and the fact I wasn't praacticing at the time and deemed it ok.

I've spent the last several months sick with worry about it. Ive drank more than an elephant could cope with, litre upon litre. Just before xmas I was as near to topping myself as I had ever been. I was almost waiting for them to tell me I couldn't continue, planning my own death.

I know it's not what you are but who you are, but this is part of my identity. My peers are doing their masters and buying ******* boats in Hong Kong and Ive spent the last three years sitting in my own **** and vomit in some dank ******** in a forgotten **** corner of England. I was far more talented and capable than them too. Now I do sound like an arse, but they are bigger arses and it blows. I'm having nightmares about it and dream about it.

Yeh I sound like a right plonker now. I know there's people here that have wasted a lot more. I guess I'm struggling to look forward.

Ive just drank so much I wonder if ill get out you know? I know people have here. I'm gonna post this bullocks too this time.

It used to be part of my identity too Jim - but I found an earlier more authentic me.

Life is a whole less chaotic now.

That's good news about your qualifications.

Get yourself well and keep that as an option maybe?

Get yourself a plan, Jim - nobody who can get it together to post here is ever too far gone - it's never too late

D
Old 05-22-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's a lot of people here still drinking Jim. It's what SR is for. Not much point turning drinkers away here, y'know?

D
Old 05-22-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

JIm,
I hope you stop digging the hole deeper . Me and the other posters on SR are always here for you wherever you are on you recovery journey , you know that

I wish you'd stop by more often ,
cheers mate , m
Old 05-22-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stick around. It's hard not to like this place. Others sobriety can be contagious.

I haven't had a drink since I joined. Reading SR has done wonders for me.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeh mates, you are some really cool folks here. It's heartwarming and inspirational. I'm gonna try and put the drink down and make a plan. Above all that professional bollucks I'm a good guy and I have a lot to give to others, I'm worth more. I've always promised I'm not gonna go away from here until I make it.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Maybe this could be a start to things turning around for you
Old 05-22-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'd worry about those other blokes some other time and put some focus on JimJim for now. I'm so glad you found us and look forward to getting to know you better.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jim you are still talented and capable, you still have your qualifications, you can still be a doctor and probably a more empathetic one because you've been through what you have.

But ... and this is a big but, you need to make the decision and the plan. We are here to support you and we will.

You can be everything you want to be Jim, I believe in you, I always have.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Don't try to put the drink down. Just put it down

You really can do it.

When I look back over the last two years it terrifies me at times to think of where I might be right now had I not put it down. It was a simple thing to do, but it wasn't necessarily easy. Simple idea, but takes some work.

From your posts, I take it you're pretty smart. I know you have what it takes to pull this off
Old 05-22-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You are not an 'arse' Jim. I'm so glad you posted. I agree with Dee - it's never too late, and you are not wasting our time. Don't give up on the chance for a better life.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

As long as you're still breathing, there is hope.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jimjim,

You have no idea how relieved I am to see a post from you, with words! It means you are here and trying.

Yep, make a plan. Put the drink down. If I could do it, you can too. It's a miracle I still have my job. It's a miracle I never hurt anyone in a car. It's a miracle my doctor now says I have a "beautiful liver." Yes, I take pride in that dang it!

Come join the 24 hour thread. Join that May group. I can think if a few marchers who would love to hear from you too.

Come back tomorrow!
Old 05-22-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jim, that's a great idea from We. The current Marcher thread is here, the May 2015 thread is here and 148,490 of us are here in general.

The 24 hour thread is here. 24 hours is a great first step.

We've got you covered.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Jim.

I've always seen the real you behind the drink, and I think you are pretty awesome.

I've just made it back after an ugly relapse, got to 60 days or so now. To be honest I wasn't sure if I could make it, it was so hard to get back on my feet. I'm just really grateful to be sober right now...and proud of myself too.

You can do this, I know you can. You've got a lot of us rooting for you xx
Old 05-23-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Jim of you are ever to successfully stop drinking I feel you really need to make sobriety your over riding priority. The successes here prove time and again that it can be done. There is all the support here you need to begin that road.x
Old 05-23-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm pleased you got that good news.

I really hope you put the drink down and can get started on a new journey :-)
Old 05-23-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Stick around. My sober life is calm and free from chaos. Yours could be too.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey Jim. You've got this. Lean on us. Heck, lean on anything you need to.