Notices

Keep ya head up

Old 05-22-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keep ya head up

This is just a post to say: no matter what happens...there's a bright day after every dark night....

Keep your heads up!!!!!!

So what if you fell today. keep your head up!!

so what if it's hard today. keep your head up!!

Keep your head up brothers and sisters!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=padvnsLUhUM
Old 05-22-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by TheCrimsonKing View Post
This is just a post to say: no matter what happens...there's a bright day after every dark night....

Keep your heads up!!!!!!

So what if you fell today. keep your head up!!

so what if it's hard today. keep your head up!!

Keep your head up brothers and sisters!!!
"So what if you fell today?"

Sure, falling doesn't mean we need to go all negative. "So what" though? I think a return to drinking, even for a single drink, is a lot more important then a "so what" attitude. Drinking has consequences enough without adding in a "whatever" attitude, yeah?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post

Sure, falling doesn't mean we need to go all negative. "So what" though? I think a return to drinking, even for a single drink, is a lot more important then a "so what" attitude. Drinking has consequences enough without adding in a "whatever" attitude, yeah?
RR, I interpreted the "...if you fell today.." in a broader sense than drinking, but upon more consideration, given that this is a recovery site I can totally understand how it's meaning was narrower than my first impression. Guess, we'll need the OP to chime in.

Regardless, I like the heads up manta.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Yeah, I like the heads up mantra too.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

While I appeciate your imput dear brother, I have to admit I don't follow your train of tought...

In case mine was not clear....every day since I've read these posts there has been at least on person who has written "****, I fell today" or "I screwed up again". My message was simply to "hey keep your head up you can do it!!" I was just trying to be encougaging..

what was your goal with your contribution to this thread friend? positive I hope? if not, you're entitiled to your opinion
Old 05-22-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Brother Robby,

I'll explain because you asked. I wasn't trying to be a ....watherver

It's suppose to say...if you fell...don't feel bad....get the hell back up ....now........Jesus Robby, how many times did I fall....and because I felt bad...I drank again. You know?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

I thought you were clear enough, CrimsonKing. I can see the encouragement in your OP. Still though, any kind of return to drinking, even a single drink for whatever reason, has real significance beyond simply a "so what" is my message.

I'm not knocking you. I just don't agree with the "so what" attitude when it comes down far enough to be taking that drink. This being the Newcomers forum, it's not surprising people struggle to stay quit. Encouragement to keep our heads up is spot on in such a forum. Responsibility to the consequences of taking that drink though are important enough to take a good hard look how that return to drink happened. Nothing wrong with having an open discussion on the taking of that drink, either. Having an open mind is a wonderful resource to staying quit.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by TheCrimsonKing View Post
Brother Robby,

I'll explain because you asked. I wasn't trying to be a ....watherver

It's suppose to say...if you fell...don't feel bad....get the hell back up ....now........Jesus Robby, how many times did I fall....and because I felt bad...I drank again. You know?
Looks like you posted while I was posting my last.

No worries, CrimsonKing. I too sometimes fell harder after having the drink. I've been there, I understand. I do know.

I'm just into if the drink is actually taken, then let's be responsible and not just sweep it away, you know? Talking about drinking is not something to be avoided in a recovery forum, even if it hurts a bit to have the conversation...